Some Igbos have expressed their dissatisfaction with the lack of their own indigenous language in US schools under the Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA).
Carolyn Uchenna Okoroafor, acting as the principal secretary of the proscribed IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu was eager to understand the rationale behind why only Igbo language was excluded from the list of the Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program among the three major tribes in Nigeria (FLTA).
READ ALSO : Drama in Church as Pastor’s Wife Storms Sunday Service to Expose His Affair With Choir Member
In his recent job announcement involving two of the three major languages in Nigeria, the pan-Igbo activist and liberation fighter chose to take the fight to the microblogging platform (Twitter), calling on the US Embassy over its perceived ill-treatment of marginalisation and discrimination.
READ ALSO : Unfreeze My Bank Accounts Now Or Risk Serious Protests In South-West – Sunday Igboho Blows Hot
However, she also used the medium to invite all Igbos to sign a petition in the aforementioned programme against the US Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria for excluding the Igbo language. Simon Ekpa allegedly created the petition, and she implored this petition to Igbos and retweeted it equally.
It should be remembered that during the week, the U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria announced that Yoruba and Hausa teachers were dearly needed by the U.S. mission in Nigeria to teach these languages in U.S. schools, excluding the Igbo language.
This is obviously the perceived marginalisation and discrimination shown to the Igbos by the US mission in Nigeria, and the US mission in Nigeria should do what is needed by including Igbo in its teaching programme in the United States as the third major language.
What do you think about the step that Carolyn Uchenna Okoroafor is taking? Do you think the right step in the right direction is the right one?
Check out screenshot of reactions to tweet below;
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State