Kano Governor sacks arrested media aide
Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has relieved Salihu Tanko Yakasai, his special media adviser, of his appointment to criticise President Muhammadu Buhari and the government of the All Progressive Congress (APC) for the country’s insecurity.
In a statement sent to Ejes Gist NewsOnline on Saturday, State Commissioner Information Malam Muhammad Garba, who conveyed the Governor’s Directive, said the sack was immediately effective.
This comes just hours after Yakasai was allegedly apprehended by Department of State Services operatives (DSS).
According to the commissioner, the aide failed to distinguish between personal opinion and official stand on matters of public concern, and thus cannot continue to serve in a government in which he has no faith.
Political appointees and public servants were also warned by the governor to guard against making statements that could generate superfluous controversy.
The statement reaffirmed Governor Ganduje’s commitment to the policies and programmes of President Buhari’s administration.
Yakasai was previously suspended by Ganduje following a remark he made about Buhari during the #EndSARS protest, but was reinstated a few weeks later.
Salihu called on the government headed by President Buhari to either deal with bandits in the country or resign.
Tanko-Yakasai made the remarks on Friday in response to the kidnapping of students at the Government Girls Secondary School in Jangebe, Talata Mafara Local Government Area, Zamfara State.
# Kano Governor sacks arrested media aide
Pay Attention To:
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited