Kano Governor sacks arrested media aide
Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has relieved Salihu Tanko Yakasai, his special media adviser, of his appointment to criticise President Muhammadu Buhari and the government of the All Progressive Congress (APC) for the country’s insecurity.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 READ ALSO : Watch Video As Kidnapped Kagara Schoolboys Arrive Minna
- 0.2 READ ALSO : DSS Arrests Abdullahi Ganduje’s Media Aide After Criticising Buhari, APC
- 0.3 READ ALSO : Did First Lady, Aisha Buhari Separates From President Buhari over Insecurity ?
- 0.4 # Kano Governor sacks arrested media aide
- 1 Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
In a statement sent to Ejes Gist NewsOnline on Saturday, State Commissioner Information Malam Muhammad Garba, who conveyed the Governor’s Directive, said the sack was immediately effective.
This comes just hours after Yakasai was allegedly apprehended by Department of State Services operatives (DSS).
According to the commissioner, the aide failed to distinguish between personal opinion and official stand on matters of public concern, and thus cannot continue to serve in a government in which he has no faith.
Political appointees and public servants were also warned by the governor to guard against making statements that could generate superfluous controversy.
The statement reaffirmed Governor Ganduje’s commitment to the policies and programmes of President Buhari’s administration.
Yakasai was previously suspended by Ganduje following a remark he made about Buhari during the #EndSARS protest, but was reinstated a few weeks later.
Salihu called on the government headed by President Buhari to either deal with bandits in the country or resign.
Tanko-Yakasai made the remarks on Friday in response to the kidnapping of students at the Government Girls Secondary School in Jangebe, Talata Mafara Local Government Area, Zamfara State.
# Kano Governor sacks arrested media aide
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt