The Kannywood Guild of Artistes has reacted to the viral nude video of indigenous Hausa movie actress, Maryam Booth
EJES GIST reported that the leaked video which made rounds on social media showed Booth naked and trying to put on her underwear.
But, reacting, the Hausa actress vowed to take legal action against the person behind the leak, even as she alleged that her ex-boyfriend was responsible and had threatened on multiple occasions regarding the nude video.
Reacting to the viral video, the chairman, Kannywood Guild of Artistes, Alhassan Kwalle said Booth will not be banned from the movie industry over her leaked nude video.
Giving the reason for his decision, Kwalle said the leaked video was not released intentionally by the actress as a pornographic material but it was released by someone trying to blackmail the actress.
Kwalle stressed that the actress cannot be made to take the fall for what is not her fault, adding that they are presently investigating two suspects for releasing the video.
“Everyone knows that the video showing Maryam Booth was mischievously taken to blackmail her, not that she was doing a film or sort.
“She tried to take action about it immediately but the guy that did it acted as if he had deleted the video and for over three years he has been using that to extort money from her under threat that he will release the video until he eventually released it on Friday.
“Recently, he called and said he wants to take his mother to the hospital and that she should give him money but she refused; that was why he decided to release the nude video,” Kwalle told Daily Trust in a phone interview.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates