Ejes Gist Media is reliably informed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has chosen its Director of Operations, Mohammed Umar, to lead the anti graft agency in the absence of the suspended chairman, Ibrahim Magu.
A top rank EFCC official who confirmed to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), said Umar was picked by the anti graft hierarchy, the official also said that Ibrahim Magu’s suspension has not been officially announced to the commission.
Speaking on the allegations levelled against the suspended EFCC Chairman, the top EFCC official said the allegations of fraud against Magu were all lies.
“I can tell you that all the allegations against Magu are untrue. I see the whole situation as a power play.
“Preparations for the 2023 elections are another reason they want Magu out because he knows too much.
“Another thing is the problem of staff welfare, imagine somebody like me for close to 10 years, I have not gained any promotion.
“We are not happy about the news of his suspension, but I know that members of staff are not happy with him,” the EFCC official to NAN.
Although, when called by NAN to confirm the latest development, the spokesman of the EFCC, Dele Oyewale refused to say a word
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates