A High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in Jabi, Abuja has dismissed a suit filed against the immediate past Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole and three others.
The suit, filed by Comrade Mustapha Salihu and five others, was the one in respect of which the court granted an interim order on March 4 this year, suspending Oshiomhole from further acting as the APC’s National Chairman.
The Court of Appeal, in Abuja in a judgment on June 16, 2020, upheld Oshiomhole’s suspension.
Parties were to return to the High Court of the FCT for determination of the substantive suit, when on Thursday, Plaintiff’s lawyer, Oluwola Afolabi moved a motion to withdraw the case.
Afolabi said the withdrawal was informed by the directive by leaders of the APC that all court cases be discontinued in the interest of peace.
Lawyer to Oshiomhole and one other, Ginika Ezeoke said she was not opposed to the plaintiffs’ desire to withdraw.
Ezeoke then urged the court to dismiss the suit on the grounds that parties have filed pleadings and have be enjoined issues in relation to the subject of the case.
Ruling, Justice Danlami Senchi dismissed the suit and ordered parties to bear their respective costs.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications