An oil tanker laden with 44,000 litres of Aviation fuel (Jet A1) was within the early hours of today concerned in a lone accident on the Otedola Bridge inward Berger with the tanker spilling its content.
Emergency response is nonetheless ongoing to recuperate the tanker, in response to the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA).
LASEMA workforce’s preliminary investigations revealed that the totally loaded oil tanker with registration quantity EKY 814 XX, misplaced its cargo within the lone accident attributable to over dashing and reckless driving on the a part of the tanker driver.
It was learnt that the cargo containing the fuel indifferent from the truck head, fell on its facet earlier than it began spilling its content from the torn parts of the tanker that impacted the bottom.
However, no accidents, fatalities or deaths have been recorded within the oil spillage brought on by the fallen tanker.
LASEMA Public Affairs Officer, Nosa Okunbor confirmed the incident this morning, saying operation continues to be ongoing to completely recuperate the tanker.
He stated the affect of the spillage was minimized attributable to sustained actions of the LASEMA workforce and males of the state Fire Service.
“The very real danger of fuel ignition, explosion and fire, was fully averted due to the timely intervention, activities and collaborative efforts of LASEMA and the LASG Fire Service teams that doused the gushing flow of fuel from its oil spilling source, averting any probable ignition during its journey through gutters and drains to the canal,” Okunbor stated.
He added that although the spilled fuel had been doused and blanketed, the LASEMA response workforce in addition to that of the Lagos State Fire Service stays on floor to foil any “probable hazard which may result from trans loading of remnant fuel or recovery of the truck head from the deep gorge where it has fallen.”
Speaking on the incident, the DG/CEO of LASEMA, Dr. Olufemi Oke–Osanyintolu stated the operation was quietly achieved with nearly no disruption of site visitors across the
ever busy Ojodu-Berger part of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
He attributed the graceful operations to the quick response time of his groups whom he stated have been very succesful and glorious workforce staff that coordinate and collaborate effectively with different emergency responders at incident scenes.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited