The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Saturday said it had made an error in its reporting of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country.
“There were 25 new cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria. The 26th case was a repeat result of a previously confirmed case and NOT a new case.
“Of the 25 new cases reported, 1 case was inadvertently reported from Osun state. This case was from OYO STATE The correct breakdown is as follows: Lagos- 11 Osun- 6 FCT- 3 Edo- 3 Ondo- 1 Oyo- 1.”
On 3rd of April 2020, we reported 26 new cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria. An error has been discovered in this report as follows:
— NCDC (@NCDCgov) April 4, 2020
According to the health agency, as at 10:30pm on April 3, there were 209 confirmed cases, four deaths, and 25 recoveries.
“We regret the error in our announcement of new #COVID19 cases in Nigeria yesterday,” the agency said. “The NCDC remains committed to ensuring transparency and accurate reporting of infectious disease cases in Nigeria.”
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines