NBC Fines Trust TV
Trust Television Network Trust TV has been fined N5 million by the National Broadcasting Commission.
On Thursday, the Federal Government pledged to punish the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Daily Trust for airing a number of programs that it claimed glorified and may incite terrorism in Nigeria.
This information was provided in a statement that Balarabe Shehu Illela, the director general of NBC, signed.
According to minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Federal Government has taken note of “the unprofessional documentary by the BBC, Africa Eye, where interviews were allowed to bandit warlords and terror gangs, thereby fostering terror in the country”.
“All I can say is that there is a regulatory agency that regulates broadcasting, and they are also aware of these two events,” he said, referring to the Nigeria Broadcasting Commission (NBC).
Recommended Naija News Today
- FG Sets Date for Civil Servants Promotion Examinations
- Dollar to Naira Black Market Rate Today Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Nkem Owoh finally speaks on rejecting N10 million to support Tinubu
- Sam Omatseye Cries out after backlash over ‘Obi-tuary’ article
- Npower Latest News on payment of June, July and August Stipends Today Wednesday, August 3, 2022
“I can guarantee you that there will be consequences.
They are examining which section of the Broadcasting Code has been broken by both the BBC and the Daily Trust.
That is the latest Naija News Today on NBC Fines Trust TV
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment