Agbaje, while addressing his supporters in Igarra over the weekend disclosed that the ‘current system’ as being operated is strangulating them as lawmakers.
“The only time I can remember that I was a true house of assembly member was the first one year and five months and that was when Comrade Adams Oshiomhole was governor. In that one year and five months Adams Oshiomhole approved our constituency projects: I cited one in Ward One, I cited a second one in ward 8 Enwan Mixed Grammar school, I cited one in Ososo Secondary school, they are all there uncompleted.
“Oshiomhole mobilised the contractors with 50 per cent of the value of the contracts and that is where the job has stopped till today.”
“Since then, for the past four years we have been begging for those jobs to be completed even when we have not got new ones, is that fair?”
“Today, I am pained because I have wasted years in the house of assembly without being able to deliver on my campaign promises to my constituents, without being able to meet the slightest of the projections we promised our people because we have a system that doesn’t care about anybody. Here we have an opportunity and this opportunity is very simple, it is either we want to continue like this but me I don’t want to end my eight years like this.
“The opportunity is that we get a change, a new system that will now bring out better governance that will benefit all of us so the choice is for our people and I know that we are not foolish.”
State governor, Godwin Obaseki will be squaring off with Ize-Iyamu, a frontline contender in the upcoming gubernatorial elections in September.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates