Buhari Govt Sets to Reopen Land Borders
Nigeria’s land borders that have been closed since August 2019 may be reopened soon, Ejes Gist Media Reports.
The Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, gave this indication in an interview with State House correspondents on Wednesday.
Ahmed said the presidential committee set up on the matter had completed its job and had recommended reopening of the borders.
She said the committee would soon submit its report to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), following which a formal pronouncement would be made on the matter.
The minister did not, however, disclose when the report will be submitted and how soon the land borders will be reopened.
Nigeria had in August 2019 closed its land borders to curtail illegal importation of drugs, small arms, and agricultural products into Nigeria from neighbouring West African countries.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer