Buhari Bows to Pressure, Agree To Address House of Representatives
The breaking news now is that President Muhammadu Buhari has agreed to address the House of Representatives on the state of insecurity in the country, as requested by the lawmakers.
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila, disclosed that a date has been agreed on and it will be communicated soon.
He said, this on Wednesday, affirming that the president is more concerned than most on the insecurity of the nation and will speak to the Nigerian people through their representatives soon.
The decision to summon President Buhari was taken at Tuesday’s plenary when the House considered a motion moved by members from Borno State on the recent massacre of 43 rice farmers in the state by Boko Haram insurgents.
The debate had earlier turned rowdy after the Speaker appealed that it would be inappropriate to invite the president to disclose the actions being taken towards handling the security situation in the country.
The Speaker had described it as counter-productive.
# Just In : Buhari Bows to Pressure, Agree To Address House of Representatives
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates