Buhari Bows to Pressure, Agree To Address House of Representatives
The breaking news now is that President Muhammadu Buhari has agreed to address the House of Representatives on the state of insecurity in the country, as requested by the lawmakers.
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila, disclosed that a date has been agreed on and it will be communicated soon.
He said, this on Wednesday, affirming that the president is more concerned than most on the insecurity of the nation and will speak to the Nigerian people through their representatives soon.
The decision to summon President Buhari was taken at Tuesday’s plenary when the House considered a motion moved by members from Borno State on the recent massacre of 43 rice farmers in the state by Boko Haram insurgents.
The debate had earlier turned rowdy after the Speaker appealed that it would be inappropriate to invite the president to disclose the actions being taken towards handling the security situation in the country.
The Speaker had described it as counter-productive.
# Just In : Buhari Bows to Pressure, Agree To Address House of Representatives
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]