Justice Taiwo Taiwo, the federal high court judge presiding over the lawsuit seeking the disqualification of the All Progressive Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu from the forthcoming election in Edo State has withdrawn from the case.
The federal high court judge announced his decision to return the case file to the Chief Judge of the court Justice John Tsoho, for re-assignment to another judge of the court after the APC filed a petition saying it has no confidence of getting justice in his court.
Justice Taiwo had on August 24 declined to grant the prayer and rather adjourned till September 4, for hearing of all pending motions. However when the matter came up on Thursday September 4, the Judge in a short ruling recused himself from the matter on account of the petition against him, adding that he has to protect his integrity and that of the court.
“As judges and lawyers in the temple of justice, it is our duty to protect the integrity of the court and that of the judiciary.
“It was disturbing to receive a petition from a party in the suit seeking for the transfer of the case.
“The contents of the said petition are wicked and unsubstantiated. It is very disturbing that counsel would write this petition and even back it with an affidavit.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)