On Wednesday, Justice Ibrahim Yusuf of the Kwara State High Court in Ilorin ordered the arrest of one of the defence counsels, Barrister Sikiru Solagberu, in the case of the alleged rape and murder of Olajide Omowumi Blessing, a 300-student at the University of Ilorin.
The trial judge issued a bench warrant for Barrister Solagberu, defence lawyer for the 7th defendant, Daud Bashir Adebayo, charged with assisting, abetting, and receiving stolen property, through his secretary, Yemisi Ademola, at the case’s resumed hearing on Wednesday.
Barrister Solagberu had given notice to the court that he would be withdrawing from the case.
The trial judge was enraged by Solagberu’s comments in an interview he gave journalists after his bail plea for his client was denied on Tuesday, calling the comments as “a symptom of indiscipline.”
“It is not novel because the constitution allows suspects to be granted bond even if they are charged with a capital offence.
”However, due to the sentiments surrounding the case, most people would not want to hear you file a bail application,” the troubled defence attorney stated.
The case was adjourned until July 12, 2021, to allow for the completion of the procedures.
Olajide Omowumi Blessing was allegedly raped and murdered at the home of her elder sister in Tanke, Ilorin, Kwara state.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022