According to witnesses, the gunmen came into the court about 3 p.m. on Tuesday and kidnapped the judge, Alhaji Husaini Sama’ila.
Due to security concerns, the court was moved to Safana.
The reason for the judge’s presence in court during the Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria’s strike is unclear (JUSUN).
JUSUN went on strike on April 6 to demand that the provisions of Articles 81(3), 121(3), and 162(9) of the 1999 Constitution (as modified) regarding judicial financial autonomy at the state level be followed.
Bandits are spreading havoc in Katsina, one of the NorthWest states.
This incident has yet to elicit a response from security personnel.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria