Jubilations in Delta State as Senate Passes Sexual Harassment Bill To Punish Offenders
EJES GIST MEDIA can Authoritatively reports that the Senate has passed the Sexual Harassment Bill, 2020 (SB. 77), sponsored by the Deputy President of the Senate, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege and co-sponsored by 106 senators.
This followed the clause-by-clause consideration of the Report of the Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters.
Recall that the bill was read for the first time on October 9, 2019 and scaled through Second Reading on November 6, 2019.
The bill seeks to prohibit sexual harassment of students in tertiary institutions; criminalise the act of neglect or failure of administrative heads of tertiary educational institutions to address complaints of sexual harassment within a specified period of time; create a strict liability offence by removing mutual consent, as a defence in the prosecution of sexual harassment cases in tertiary educational institutions as well as maintain and sustain the fiduciary relationship that exists between educators and students with the aim of making tertiary institutions in the country conducive centres of learning and moral rectitude.
Jubilations As Senate Passes Sexual Harassment Bill To Punish Offenders
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff