Jobs in Nigeria for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Helen Keller International
- Helen Keller International
- Latest NGO Jobs In Nigeria
Helen Keller International – Established in 1915, Helen Keller International works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, Helen Keller currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reports To: M&E Specialist
Contract Duration: Up until December 31, 2021
- The success of the NTDs project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to donor. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance. Hence, the objective of the M&E Officer position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of the M&E plan in the states and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
Under the Supervision of the M&E Specialist, the M&E Officer will:
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State NTDs project plan in collaboration with the Head of NTDs Programs and M&E Specialist.
- Take lead in the implementation of NTDs state M&E plan and reporting formats for indicators and targets in collaboration with the M&E Specialist.
- Work with M&E Specialist/Head of Nutrition Programs to document and publish best practices.
- Guide staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyze these reports in terms of problems and actions needed. Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Prepare monitoring reports, analyze them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Make regular reports to the project team highlighting areas of concern and preparing the documentation for review at meetings.
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Assist the M&E Specialist to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- In collaboration with M&E Specialist and NTDs Program Officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools according to Helen Keller, FMOH and donor standards;
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, Helen Keller and donor.
- Internally and when requested, support external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase of the project and as required.
- Support the dissemination of findings from assessment/evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development.
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Assist in building and maintaining working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful implementation of the projects based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators
- Implementation of M&E plans in collaboration with other project staff and government stakeholders.
- Postgraduate Degree in Sciences, Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in NTD, HIV/AIDS or Nutrition program in Nigeria.
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
How to Apply Jobs in Nigeria for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Helen Keller International
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as one MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title / Location as the subject of the email.
- Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above
Application Deadline Jobs in Nigeria for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Helen Keller International 21st September, 2021.