Jobs in Nigeria for Liaison Officer at United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is a United Nations workplace that was established in 1997 because the Office for Drug Control and Crime Prevention by combining the United Nations International Drug Control Program (UNDCP) and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Division in the United Nations Office at Vienna. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group and was renamed the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in 2002.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: NPO – Liaison Officer
Job ID: 32815
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Posting Type: Common System
Agency: UN Office on Drugs & Crime
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – LIAISION
Contract Duration: 1year with risk of extension
- Under the general steerage of the OCWAR-T Project Manager and the direct supervision of the UNODC Nigeria Country Representative, the Liaison Officer will assist the coordination of all operational and programmatic points associated to the implementation of the OCWAR-T challenge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist nationwide counterparts in the factual implementation of actions:
- Liaise with the implementing companions at operational degree to make sure the graceful implementation of the challenge,
- Support the executive formalities in direction of the institution and improvement of Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Task Forces (CIITF) and strengthening of current Transnational Organized Crime Units (TCU)
- Assist the nationwide authorities relating to the challenge implementation
- Assist in the preparation and of annual detailed work plans together with estimated finances and attribution of duties;
- Assist in the preparation of with enter from UNODC Headquarters;
- Prepare all correspondence linked to the challenge and observe up;
- Monitor the implementation of the logistical elements of all actions of the challenge;
- Ensure the well timed supply of all merchandise included in the challenge;
- Prepare any substantive paperwork required by the implementation of the challenge;
- Facilitate on-the-ground coordination between UNODC and different exterior companions and stakeholders;
- Assist the UNODC OCWAR-T Regional Programme Coordinator in all actions associated to the challenge implementation;
- Perform every other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in the fields of Criminology, Law, Public Administration or equal Education from recognised nationwide police, customs or one other workers studying faculty with specialisation in legal justice, crime prevention or regulation enforcement.
- At least 5 (5) years of related work expertise with growing ranges of duties in nationwide and / or worldwide regulation enforcement, investigation, police, drug management, judiciaries and / or crime prevention, together with a sound information of legal intelligence processes;
- Acute sense of organisation in addition to entrepreneurial and workforce spirit
- Readiness to journey extensively inside the ECOWAS area
- Ability to supply recommendation to governments on stopping and combating illicit trafficking and the event of ample insurance policies
- Work expertise in a United Nations discipline workplace in a creating nation is an asset
- Management expertise in related discipline at the nationwide or worldwide degree
- Experience in the implementation of initiatives in partnership with nationwide establishments
- Strong expertise in presentation and drafting expertise
- Demonstrated skilled competence in programme administration and implementation, ideally with a spotlight on legal justice; means to establish and contribute to the answer of issues / points.
- Shows satisfaction in work and in achievements; is conscientious and environment friendly in assembly commitments, observing deadlines, and reaching outcomes; is motivated by skilled relatively than private issues; reveals persistence when confronted with tough issues or challenges; stays calm in aggravating conditions; takes accountability for incorporating gender views and guaranteeing the equal participation of girls and males in all areas of labor.
Jobs in Nigeria for Liaison Officer
- Proven means to put in writing in a transparent and concise method and to speak successfully with a variety of audiences, together with means to arrange reports and make shows in quite a lot of fora; means to conduct shows by clearly formulating positions on points, articulating choices concisely, conveying most needed info in addition to making and defending suggestions.
- Possesses glorious drafting and communication expertise.
- Considers all these to whom providers are offered to be “clients” and seeks to see issues from purchasers’ perspective; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with purchasers by gaining their belief and respect; identifies purchasers’ wants and matches them to acceptable options; displays ongoing developments inside and exterior the purchasers atmosphere to maintain knowledgeable and anticipate issues; retains purchasers knowledgeable of progress or setbacks in initiatives; meets timeline for supply of services or products to client.
- Proven interpersonal expertise and means to ascertain and keep efficient working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic atmosphere with sensitivity and respect for variety.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues inside and exterior of UNODC to realize organizational objectives; solicits inputs by genuinely valuing different concepts and experience; demonstrates willingness to study from others; locations workforce agenda earlier than private agenda; helps and acts in accordance with last group decision even when such choices might not solely mirror personal place; shares credit score for workforce accomplishments and accepts joint accountability for workforce shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing:
- Able to ascertain priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor work whereas prioritizing competing calls for; capable of work on tight deadlines; information on methods to develop clear objectives which might be in step with agreed methods.
- Foresees dangers and permits for contingencies when planning; displays and adjusts plans and initiatives as needed; makes use of time effectively.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of different UN working languages (French and/or Portuguese) is a robust asset
ALSO APPLY FOR : Latest Job Vacancies at Serviteco Limited
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important applicant info and Notice
- All posts in the SC classes are topic to native recruitment.
- Applicant details about UNDP rosters
- Note: UNDP reserves the precise to pick out a number of candidates from this emptiness announcement. We might also retain purposes and think about candidates making use of to this put up for different related positions with UNDP at the identical grade degree and with related job description, expertise and academic necessities.
- UNDP is dedicated to reaching variety inside its workforce, and encourages all certified candidates, no matter gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, tradition, spiritual and ethnic backgrounds to use. All purposes will probably be handled in the strictest confidence.
- The United Nations doesn’t cost any application, processing, coaching, interviewing, testing or different charge in reference to the application or recruitment course of. Should you obtain a solicitation for the fee of a charge, please disregard it. Furthermore, please word that emblems, logos, names and addresses are simply copied and reproduced. Therefore, you’re suggested to use explicit care when submitting private info on the online
Application Deadline tenth October, 2020 (Midnight New York, USA)
[sc_fs_job html = ‘true’ title = ‘Jobs in Nigeria for Liaison Officer at United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime ‘ title_tag = ‘h2’ valid_through = ‘2020-10-30’ employment_type = ‘FULL_TIME’ company_name = ‘Job Vacancies in Engineering Company’ same_as = ” logo_id = ” street_address = ‘Abuja, State’ address_locality = ‘Lagos State’ address_region = ‘NGR’ postal_code = ‘234 ‘ address_country = ‘Nigeria’ currency_code = ‘NGN’ quantitative_value = ‘00.0’ base_salary = ‘HOUR’ css_class = ” ] job in Nigeria for Liaison Officer in Abuja | Ejes Gist Job Consultant [/sc_fs_job]
Jobs in Nigeria for Liaison Officer at United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State