Jobs in Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) for Librarian & vacancies in lagos state polytechnic– The Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) was established in 1978 by the Lagos State Edict No. 1 of 1978 with retroactive effect from June 1, 1977. The Polytechnic with administrative headquarters at Ikorodu is established for the training of middle and high-level technical manpower. Currently, the Polytechnic has over 20,000 Full- Time and Part-Time students on roll and runs 67 NBTE Accredited Programmes at both National and Higher National Diploma levels in Agriculture, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Management Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences, and Technology, on its three campuses located at lsolo, Surulere and Ikorodu.
The Lagos State Polytechnic is a Polytechnic of Excellence. it has built a strong collaboration with the British, Israeli and French Governments; the African Network for Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI), the European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI) and the Commonwealth Association of Technical Universities and Polytechnic in Africa (CAPA). Others include the Raw Materials Research & Development Council (RMRDC), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) Nigerian Institute of Management NIM), Estate Surveyors Valuation Registration Board, Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON), Quality Surveyors Registration Board, Chartered insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN), Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIRN), etc.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian – CONPCASS 15
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and reports to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Library
- He / She is the administrative and academic Head of the Library.
- Please note that this office is tenured for a single term of 5 years only.
- Formulating and executing library policies
- Liaising with otherdepartments on books and journals’ selection;
- Preparation of the Library budget;
- Attendance at all statutory meetings in the Polytechnic;
- Responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Libraries of the Institution,
- Any other assignment that may be assigned by the Rector.
Quantifications and Experience
- Candidates must be a serving Deputy Librarian in a reputable tertiary educational Institution.
- Candidates must have a good Honours Degree and Master’s Degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science from a recognised University.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science will be an added advantage.
- He / She should have at least 13 years post-qualification cognate experience, preferablyinatertiaryeducational institution.
- Candidates must have a good number of scholarly publications in peer- reviewed journals in line with the appointment of Senior Lecturers.
- Candidate must be proficient in Information Technology in particular, Library Management Software (LMS) and automation.
- He / She must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Must be registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- The Polytechnic Librarian’s basic salary is in line with the tertiary educational institutions salary structure of CONPCASS 15 including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2021.
How to Apply For Jobs in Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) for Librarian
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward twenty (20) copies each of their typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving the details in the following order:
- Post desired
- Full Name, with surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail address and mobile phone numbers
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional).
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institution(s) attended with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates, indicating duties
- Present Employer
- Post and Salary (evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview)
- Publication(s) (if any)
- Names of three (3) Referees: Employer, Educational and Personal
- Normal Signature.
Applications are to be forwarded in fully sealed envelops to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH),
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence, where applicable and bring the originals of their credentials to the interview.
- Applicants are also required to request Referees to forward direct to the Registrar confidential reports on their behalf.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited