Job for Protection Officer at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious worldwide help organization. Our groups are dedicated to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by pure disasters, wars and financial collapses, by answering their elementary wants. Our goal is to supply emergency aid to uprooted people to be able to assist them recuperate their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
ALSO APPLY : Nigerian Navy Reference Hospital (NNRH) Housmanship / Internship Programmes 2020 / 2021
Job Title: Protection Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Date: ASAP
Duration of Contract: 3 Months
- Under the direct supervision of the Protection supervisor, the Protection Officer will help the set-up and administration of a Community Outreach Workers’ Network in Bolori II ward of Maiduguri
- S/he shall be accountable for creating, implementing and monitoring safety and group outreach actions, in compliance with work plans, donor rules and PUI insurance policies, and can be certain that safety ideas are mainstreamed in all sectoral packages of PUI.
- S/he’ll play a key function in rising group data and entry to providers whereas strengthening PUI data of and acceptance throughout the group.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide capacity-building and trainings to COWs on thematic of safety (together with CP, GBV, safety mainstreaming, confidentiality of safety knowledge)
- Ensure high quality providers respecting ‘Do no hurt’ and confidentiality ideas are offered by COWs on the sphere
- Support efficient group engagement and group enter into program actions and design by shut contact and construction actions
- Responsible of the all group outreach interventions and actions outlined, s/he develops and follows up on the work plan along with the Protection Supervisor
- Support and contribute to the sphere evaluation, knowledge assortment and storage in a database, report writing and share group suggestions and issues
- Report instantly any issue or delay confronted within the implementation of actions to the direct supervisor.
- Represent PUI at anytime and wherever when s/he’s in responsibility.
- Disseminate related and significant info relating to the rights of individuals of concern and providers accessible within the space to be able to improve entry to providers and rights.
- Proactively search to evaluate people who’ve been missed out from help, corresponding to marginalized communities, new arrivals or households whose state of affairs has instantly deteriorated.
- Ensure safety is mainstreamed in all PUI Programs at the sphere and safety circumstances and issues are well timed referred and addressed
- Participate in group occasions and conferences and lead the organization of consciousness classes and workshops
- Build and keep relationships with exterior companions, group leaders (particularly Bulamas), group committees and different stakeholders
- Ensure the identification, inner/exterior referrals and follow-up of safety circumstances, malnutrition circumstances and circumstances with pressing wants
- Develop applicable key messages and IEC supplies and be certain that they’re disseminated among the many group
- Supervise Community Outreach Workers and make sure the well timed implementation of their actions
- Coordinate the work of COWs: work plans, progress towards targets, and frequency of submitting collected knowledge.
- Support COWs in enhancing their performance.
- Routine discipline visits to observe COWs actions.
- Continuously gather suggestions from COWs and make sure the communication to the Protection Supervisor.
- Ensure that COWs have the required info on the referral system and offered providers and correctly perceive the actions to be applied within the framework of the undertaking
- Ensure coordination with PUI Staff and stakeholders regarding group intervention actions.
Logistic & Administration:
- Define the wants in supplies and instruments required to conduct trainings and outreach actions.
- Organize and coordinate coaching classes: venue, attendees, and help supplies.
- Ensure a correct utilisation of the tablets and ensure all of it are each day charged and absolutely operational.
Reporting & Data Collection:
- Collect, analyze, retailer in a database and report info acquired from COWs (households surveys, FGDs, consciousness sessionsâ€¦)
- Collect, analyze, retailer in a database and report info on recognized safety circumstances and referrals
- Identify the variety of assessed people by the COWs progress in the direction of assigned goal.
- Document and report coaching classes and suggestions from contributors.
- Responsible of compiling and reporting to the direct superior knowledge on a weekly, month-to-month, quarter and annual foundation or upon request.
The duties and duties outlined on this job description are non-exhaustive and might evolve relying on the undertaking’s wants.
Priorities of the Department:
- Strenghten the group outreach community within the assigned catchment space supported by pui
- guarantee a steady grasp on the inhabitants wants and vulnerabilities and strengthen pui reactivity responding to rising humanitarian wants
- Support pui built-in strategy by safety trainings for different departments
- Strengthen Referral Mechanisms Internally and externally
- Education Degree: Certificate of Secondary Education in Social Science / Development Studies / Political Science or associated discipline or certificates of Secondary Education with at least 1 year related expertise within the discipline
- Qualification in safety discipline an asset
- Work expertise: Proven expertise working in NGOs.
- Language abilities: Good command in English (talking, studying & writing) and Fluent in native languages – Hausa and Kanuri.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good data of group outreach, group mobilization and safety
- Excellent expertise in conducting trainings, consciousness classes and surveys / assessments
- Ability to oversee groups
- Excellent communication (particularly in public) and diplomacy abilities to handle relationship in doubtlessly tense state of affairs
- Computer abilities: Good data of the MS workplace software program together with Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Other: Commitment to the NGO values and ideas.
- Working in humanitarian aid, curiosity for social points.
- Transversals abilities
- Strong motivation to assist people in want
- Able to handle stress and strain
- Knowledge of worldwide authorized devices associated to safety (IHL/IHRL), IDP guiding ideas, SPHERE requirements, safety mainstreaming
- Knowledge or earlier expertise in Health and/or Nutrition is an asset.
- Conflict decision and diplomacy abilities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities in line with the altering state of affairs inside a mission or the organization itself
- Understanding of the political state of affairs within the space
- Ability to research and recommend enhancements of the actions
- Well organized and onerous employee
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply
Application Deadline thirty first August, 2020.
# Job for Protection Officer at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Jobs in Nigeria [Apply Now]
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2022 for Ond, Bsc /HND
- Nationwide Recruitment for Graduate Service Executives in a Commercial Bank – MacTay Consulting
- WAEC 2022 Massive Recruitment – WAEC Recruitment Portal login
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2022 BMTC 43 – NAF Recruitment Portal – www.airforce.mil.ng Portal Login