INTERSOS is an unbiased non-profit humanitarian group dedicated to help the victims of pure disasters and armed conflicts. Its actions are based mostly on the ideas of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and alternatives, and respect for range and coexistence, paying particular consideration to essentially the most susceptible and unprotected people.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Protection Coordinator – OFDA
Starting Date: 15/07/2019
Contract Duration: 5 month (till 31/12/2019)
Reporting to: Head of Base/Head of Mission
Supervision of: Technical supervision of 1 PM
General Purpose of the Position
- The basic function of the place is to make sure the right and efficient implementation of all protection-related actions and companies of INTERSOS Programme in Nigeria, offering technical inputs, steerage and help, and operational monitoring and analysis.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Protection Coordinator is in control of growing the safety programme in nation, guiding and supporting all protection-related actions and companies of INTERSOS Programme in Nigeria, making certain well timed and high quality implementation and monitoring in compliance with related Standard Operating Procedures, International Principles and Guidelines, International Standards, Good Practices in Protection Responses, INTERSOS Fundamental Charter and Code of Ethics. Moreover, the Protection Coordinator is in control of helping the Head of Mission Nigeria and the Regional Direction for Western and Central Africa within the improvement, implementation and analysis of the safety technique and programme at nation stage.
- Maintaining relations pertaining to the safety programme with donors, companions, key stakeholders, and different related actors at nation stage.
- Assisting the event, implementation and analysis of the safety technique and programme at nation stage, offering technical inputs, and strategies for enhancements and proposals for future actions.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the safety programme in Nigeria – together with however not restricted to safety monitoring at group and family stage; help to most susceptible individuals, little one safety prevention and response, GBV prevention and response and psychosocial help – making certain well timed and high quality supply of the targets set as per permitted initiatives’ proposals.
- Building the capability of specialised and non-specialized staffs, in addition to group volunteers and native counterparts, offering advert hoc coaching classes and steady on-the-job teaching.
- Continuously assess the safety wants and gaps of goal populations in present and potential areas of operations, periodically replace the safety scenario evaluation and inform the programme accordingly.
- Continuously assess the safety response capability of potential companions.
- Support the event, implementation and analysis of the safety technique and programme at nation stage, offering technical inputs, strategies for enhancements and proposals for future actions.
- Support the design, promotion and elaboration of latest interventions at nation and regional stage, making certain safety mainstreaming.
- Stimulate and preserve energetic trade of safety info throughout the area on helpful information, publications, instruments, finest practices and classes realized.
- Promote harmonization of safety approaches, methodologies and instruments throughout the nation, and create alternatives for expertise sharing and studying among the many crew.
- In cooperation with the accountability unit, observe up on the implementation of the Child Protection (CP) and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policies.
Programme actions planning, monitoring and analysis:
- Contribute to growing, rolling out and revising inside Protection Toolkits and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that required knowledge safety and sharing protocols are revered.
- Promote age, gender and variety delicate approaches into the initiatives’ actions, in addition to social cohesion initiatives.
- In cooperation with the Programme/Project Managers, elaborate and arrange particular mechanisms to observe and consider the safety initiatives’ actions, in addition to to gather suggestions and complaints from beneficiaries and goal populations at massive.
- Undertake area visits to the initiatives’ places as wanted to repeatedly monitor the progress and the standard implementation of the safety initiatives’ actions.
- In cooperation with the safety crew, conduct case audits to judge the standard of the service provision.
- Continuously assess, analyze and consider the influence of the safety initiatives’ actions to tell and regulate the programme accordingly.
- Report in a well timed method any eventual challenges or delays confronted, loss or injury occurred, fraud or misuse detected.
- Work carefully with the colleagues to make sure the combination of the safety programme with different sectors of intervention.
- Programme staffs, volunteers and native counterparts capability constructing
- In cooperation with the administration and human sources staffs, perform the identification and number of the safety workers, as required.
- Contribute to supervising and evaluating the efficiency of the safety staffs.
- Continuously assess the coaching wants of the safety staffs, design the capability constructing programme and develop the associated materials for enhanced safety response capability and repair provision based on worldwide finest practices, requirements and ideas.
- Ensure that each one related non-specialized staffs, in addition to group volunteers and native counterparts, are educated on humanitarian ideas and code of ethics; fundamental ideas of basic safety, little one safety, gender-based violence and psychosocial help; knowledge safety and sharing protocols; secure referral; and danger mitigation.
- Support the Project Managers in making ready, managing and usually updating the safety initiatives’ actions work plan, making certain well timed and high quality implementation in compliance with the outlined initiatives’ technique, in addition to INTERSOS and donors’ tips.
- Guide detailed vulnerability assessments of goal populations in initiatives’ areas to outline the precise places of intervention and the beneficiaries.
- Provide inputs, steerage and help to make sure the standard implementation of the safety initiatives’ actions from the technical standpoint.
- Maintain all case administration related kinds (vulnerability evaluation type, case plan type, referral type, follow-up type, and so on.) up to date and guarantee they're correctly used.
- Advise on administration of complicated instances.
- Support the Project Managers in elaborating and month-to-month updating the interior monitoring and analysis instrument, the Project Appraisal Tool (PAT), with particular reference to the safety actions.
- Contribute to making ready the initiatives’ narrative experiences with particular reference to the safety actions, in addition to different advert hoc evaluation experiences and materials, based on INTERSOS and donors’ necessities.
- Ensure that each one knowledge associated to the safety actions are disaggregated by intercourse and age, as a way to develop profiles on the totally different wants and realities of ladies, women, boys and males, for reporting and evaluation functions.
Coordination and Representation:
- Establish and preserve collaborative relations with related donor officers, companions, key stakeholders and different humanitarian actors.
- Participate in conferences with related donor officers and facilitate area visits by donor missions, as required.
- Proactively take part within the Protection Cluster/Working Group and Sub-clusters/Sub-Working Groups, together with associated strategic Coordination teams and thematic process forces, at nation stage.
- Minimum: BA in related area (Social Science, Psychology, Social Work, human rights, worldwide humanitarian legislation or different fields associated to social improvement and humanitarian work)
- Master degree (MA or LLM) in Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law or associated topics (fascinating)
- Minimum of 5 (5) years of related working expertise in protection-related sectors, ideally inside an INGO.
- three years expertise in case of Higher training degree (Masters/LLM)
- Knowledge of the Nigeria humanitarian context and of the Lake Chad Basin disaster is an asset
- Strong organizational abilities and skill to handle effectively a number of priorities, deadlines and duties
- Solid time-management abilities, resourcefulness and a focus to particulars
- Strong theoretical, technical and sensible background in safety
- Proven coaching abilities and capacities in growing trainings’ curricula
- Strong abilities in networking with companions and donor liaison
- Able to collect and critically analyze knowledge, gaps and traits associated to Protection points
- Fluency in English with wonderful verbal and written communication abilities
- Excellent team-working and team-building abilities, in addition to potential to work underneath excessive strain and with flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities and skill to work and combine in a multicultural crew
- Problem solver, dynamic, mature
- Confidently capable of take care of authorities and donors
- Pro-active strategy to work
- Able to work independently in addition to being a powerful crew participant
- Flexibility, capability of managing stress, good diplomatic abilities
- Available to share lodging amenities when required
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline ninth July, 2019.
Do you need to be updated with present jobs in Nigeria?
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
DO YOU WANT FREE DAILY JOB ALERTS?
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- See more
- Abia State
- ABUJA FCT
- Adamawa State
- Akwa Ibom State
- Anambra State
- Apprenticeship training
- Banking Industry
- Bauchi State
- Bayelsa State
- Benue State
- Borno State
- Career Tips
- CELEBRITY & GOSSIP ZONE
- Charity Organization
- Construction Company
- Contract Job
- Criminal case
- Cross River State
- Delsu News
- Delta State
- Ebonyi State
- Edo State
- Ekiti State
- Engineering Jobs
- Entry-level Jobs
- Enugu State
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA
- Full time jobs
- Gombe State
- Google AdSense know how
- Hotel Management/hospitality company
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
- Imo State
- Internship Jobs
- Jigawa State
- JOB FOR SSCE
- Jobs and Recruitment
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law
- Jobs in Education
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST
- Kaduna State
- Kano State
- Katsina State
- Kebbi State
- Kogi State
- Kwara State
- Lagos State
- Management and Logistics Company
- Manager jobs
- Manufacturing Industry
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical /Health
- MSC/MS / PHD
- Nasarawa State
- National Assembly News
- NGO / Community Services
- Niger Delta
- Nigeria Election
- Ogun State
- Oil and Gas Company
- Ondo State
- Osun State
- Oyo State
- Part Time Jobs
- PASS QUESTIONS
- Rivers State
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs
- Security issues
- Sokoto State
- Taraba State
- Urhobo Language
- World News
- Yobe State
- Zamfara State
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 27
- ABUJA FCT 97
- Adamawa State 34
- Akwa Ibom State 31
- Anambra State 29
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 25
- Bauchi State 22
- Bayelsa State 25
- Benue State 25
- Borno State 36
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 10
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 32
- Delta State 29
- Ebonyi State 24
- Edo State 34
- Ekiti State 25
- Engineering Jobs 14
- Entry-level Jobs 271
- Enugu State 24
- Featured 2
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 4
- Full time jobs 1412
- Gombe State 27
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 2
- Imo State 23
- Internship Jobs 34
- Jigawa State 22
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1830
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 5
- Jobs in Education 11
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 119
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 88
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 122
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 288
- Jos 16
- Kaduna State 31
- Kano State 29
- Katsina State 25
- Kebbi State 26
- Kogi State 26
- Kwara State 27
- Lagos State 355
- Management and Logistics Company 6
- Manager jobs 5
- Manufacturing Industry 7
- Marketing Jobs 1
- Medical /Health 12
- MSC/MS / PHD 49
- Nasarawa State 22
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1435
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 47
- Oil and Gas Company 25
- Ondo State 33
- Osun State 24
- Oyo State 40
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 13
- Rivers State 61
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 23
- Taraba State 26
- Yobe State 24
- Zamfara State 23