INTERSOS is an unbiased non-profit humanitarian group dedicated to help the victims of pure disasters and armed conflicts. Its actions are based mostly on the ideas of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and alternatives, and respect for range and coexistence, paying particular consideration to essentially the most susceptible and unprotected people.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Protection Coordinator – OFDA
Starting Date: 15/07/2019
Contract Duration: 5 month (till 31/12/2019)
Reporting to: Head of Base/Head of Mission
Supervision of: Technical supervision of 1 PM
General Purpose of the Position
- The basic function of the place is to make sure the right and efficient implementation of all protection-related actions and companies of INTERSOS Programme in Nigeria, offering technical inputs, steerage and help, and operational monitoring and analysis.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Protection Coordinator is in control of growing the safety programme in nation, guiding and supporting all protection-related actions and companies of INTERSOS Programme in Nigeria, making certain well timed and high quality implementation and monitoring in compliance with related Standard Operating Procedures, International Principles and Guidelines, International Standards, Good Practices in Protection Responses, INTERSOS Fundamental Charter and Code of Ethics. Moreover, the Protection Coordinator is in control of helping the Head of Mission Nigeria and the Regional Direction for Western and Central Africa within the improvement, implementation and analysis of the safety technique and programme at nation stage.
- Maintaining relations pertaining to the safety programme with donors, companions, key stakeholders, and different related actors at nation stage.
- Assisting the event, implementation and analysis of the safety technique and programme at nation stage, offering technical inputs, and strategies for enhancements and proposals for future actions.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the safety programme in Nigeria – together with however not restricted to safety monitoring at group and family stage; help to most susceptible individuals, little one safety prevention and response, GBV prevention and response and psychosocial help – making certain well timed and high quality supply of the targets set as per permitted initiatives’ proposals.
- Building the capability of specialised and non-specialized staffs, in addition to group volunteers and native counterparts, offering advert hoc coaching classes and steady on-the-job teaching.
- Continuously assess the safety wants and gaps of goal populations in present and potential areas of operations, periodically replace the safety scenario evaluation and inform the programme accordingly.
- Continuously assess the safety response capability of potential companions.
- Support the event, implementation and analysis of the safety technique and programme at nation stage, offering technical inputs, strategies for enhancements and proposals for future actions.
- Support the design, promotion and elaboration of latest interventions at nation and regional stage, making certain safety mainstreaming.
- Stimulate and preserve energetic trade of safety info throughout the area on helpful information, publications, instruments, finest practices and classes realized.
- Promote harmonization of safety approaches, methodologies and instruments throughout the nation, and create alternatives for expertise sharing and studying among the many crew.
- In cooperation with the accountability unit, observe up on the implementation of the Child Protection (CP) and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policies.
Programme actions planning, monitoring and analysis:
- Contribute to growing, rolling out and revising inside Protection Toolkits and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that required knowledge safety and sharing protocols are revered.
- Promote age, gender and variety delicate approaches into the initiatives’ actions, in addition to social cohesion initiatives.
- In cooperation with the Programme/Project Managers, elaborate and arrange particular mechanisms to observe and consider the safety initiatives’ actions, in addition to to gather suggestions and complaints from beneficiaries and goal populations at massive.
- Undertake area visits to the initiatives’ places as wanted to repeatedly monitor the progress and the standard implementation of the safety initiatives’ actions.
- In cooperation with the safety crew, conduct case audits to judge the standard of the service provision.
- Continuously assess, analyze and consider the influence of the safety initiatives’ actions to tell and regulate the programme accordingly.
- Report in a well timed method any eventual challenges or delays confronted, loss or injury occurred, fraud or misuse detected.
- Work carefully with the colleagues to make sure the combination of the safety programme with different sectors of intervention.
- Programme staffs, volunteers and native counterparts capability constructing
- In cooperation with the administration and human sources staffs, perform the identification and number of the safety workers, as required.
- Contribute to supervising and evaluating the efficiency of the safety staffs.
- Continuously assess the coaching wants of the safety staffs, design the capability constructing programme and develop the associated materials for enhanced safety response capability and repair provision based on worldwide finest practices, requirements and ideas.
- Ensure that each one related non-specialized staffs, in addition to group volunteers and native counterparts, are educated on humanitarian ideas and code of ethics; fundamental ideas of basic safety, little one safety, gender-based violence and psychosocial help; knowledge safety and sharing protocols; secure referral; and danger mitigation.
- Support the Project Managers in making ready, managing and usually updating the safety initiatives’ actions work plan, making certain well timed and high quality implementation in compliance with the outlined initiatives’ technique, in addition to INTERSOS and donors’ tips.
- Guide detailed vulnerability assessments of goal populations in initiatives’ areas to outline the precise places of intervention and the beneficiaries.
- Provide inputs, steerage and help to make sure the standard implementation of the safety initiatives’ actions from the technical standpoint.
- Maintain all case administration related kinds (vulnerability evaluation type, case plan type, referral type, follow-up type, and so on.) up to date and guarantee they’re correctly used.
- Advise on administration of complicated instances.
- Support the Project Managers in elaborating and month-to-month updating the interior monitoring and analysis instrument, the Project Appraisal Tool (PAT), with particular reference to the safety actions.
- Contribute to making ready the initiatives’ narrative experiences with particular reference to the safety actions, in addition to different advert hoc evaluation experiences and materials, based on INTERSOS and donors’ necessities.
- Ensure that each one knowledge associated to the safety actions are disaggregated by intercourse and age, as a way to develop profiles on the totally different wants and realities of ladies, women, boys and males, for reporting and evaluation functions.
Coordination and Representation:
- Establish and preserve collaborative relations with related donor officers, companions, key stakeholders and different humanitarian actors.
- Participate in conferences with related donor officers and facilitate area visits by donor missions, as required.
- Proactively take part within the Protection Cluster/Working Group and Sub-clusters/Sub-Working Groups, together with associated strategic Coordination teams and thematic process forces, at nation stage.
- Minimum: BA in related area (Social Science, Psychology, Social Work, human rights, worldwide humanitarian legislation or different fields associated to social improvement and humanitarian work)
- Master degree (MA or LLM) in Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law or associated topics (fascinating)
- Minimum of 5 (5) years of related working expertise in protection-related sectors, ideally inside an INGO.
- three years expertise in case of Higher training degree (Masters/LLM)
- Knowledge of the Nigeria humanitarian context and of the Lake Chad Basin disaster is an asset
- Strong organizational abilities and skill to handle effectively a number of priorities, deadlines and duties
- Solid time-management abilities, resourcefulness and a focus to particulars
- Strong theoretical, technical and sensible background in safety
- Proven coaching abilities and capacities in growing trainings’ curricula
- Strong abilities in networking with companions and donor liaison
- Able to collect and critically analyze knowledge, gaps and traits associated to Protection points
- Fluency in English with wonderful verbal and written communication abilities
- Excellent team-working and team-building abilities, in addition to potential to work underneath excessive strain and with flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities and skill to work and combine in a multicultural crew
- Problem solver, dynamic, mature
- Confidently capable of take care of authorities and donors
- Pro-active strategy to work
- Able to work independently in addition to being a powerful crew participant
- Flexibility, capability of managing stress, good diplomatic abilities
- Available to share lodging amenities when required
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline ninth July, 2019.
Do you need to be updated with present jobs in Nigeria?
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State