Cuso International is a North American prominent international advancement company that resolves volunteers to get rid of hardship, running in Nigeria for more than 60 years.
We are hiring to fill the position listed below:
Job Title: Livelihood Field Officer
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Cuso International, a Canadian advancement NGO, is executing a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) supported task in Cross River and Benue States called Livelihood Enhancement in refugee settlements and in Refugee Holding Communities in Cross River and Benue States – (B-LIVER) which intends to enhance incomes, boost earnings generation and self-reliance through sustainable business advancement for Cameroonian refugees and host neighborhood members in Cross River and Benue States.
- This will be attained through the execution of livelihood interventions covering occupation and technical trainings, establishing of farm centers, entrepreneurship and organisation management, life abilities and access to farming / animals / fisheries production.
- The Livelihood Field Officer (LFO) is accountable to help the FSL Manager, task recipients and neighborhoods in preparation, execution and tracking of essential livelihood activities in close coordination with various stakeholders and provider.
- Provide assistance in the execution of a robust incomes (Entrepreneurship, technical and occupation trainings and establishing of companies, farm settlements/hubs) activities in task neighborhoods;
- Interface and assistance program staff member in task execution and making sure workplan is appropriately followed;
- Support the LFO Manager in the style of different trainings and offer needed training for target neighborhoods to establish abilities and capabilities on livelihood techniques and feasible choices for earnings; and
- Participate in recognition of recipients, tracking, Post Distribution Monitoring / evaluation / confirmation process with task group.
- Support in the advancement of market-based worth chain farming intervention by connecting farmer groups to market chances;
- Implement and assistance sustainable farming and livelihood tasks execution in task neighborhoods;
- Monitor all Livelihood-associated activities, consisting of Crop Production, Income Generation activities, Small scale Agricultural Marketing Strategy, Post-Harvest Management and Poultry Farming;
- Facilitate in the development of livelihood committees and groups;
- Line management for the Livelihood activities consisting of Agric Extension Workers and Community Volunteers;
- Support to make sure that entrepreneurship and technical/Vocational ability training, Farmer Field Schools and Cash grant particular aspects are effectively carried out in task neighborhoods;
- Report outcomes of Livelihoods (Entrepreneurship/Technical/Vocational ability training, Life abilities and farming) activities by offering composed documents about development towards attaining indicators/targets as proper;
- Ensure adherence to Cuso International policies, assistance and treatments at field level;
- Provide Livelihood sectoral reports to the Food Security and Livelihood Manager as needed;
- Manage & make use of task spending plan based on offer restriction for particular activities making sure openness and documents in time;
- Review and coordinate production of training handbooks and products to make sure quality is preserved and logistics plans are appropriately put in location
- Perform any other function as designated by the FSL Manager.
Documentation of Best Practices:
- Shares details within the task group about livelihood and market evaluation findings and lessons found out in an organized and routine way;
- Shares details within the program group about livelihood, market and Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA) methods and supports the documents of lessons found out and excellent practices;
- Provide details within the task group about pre/post circulation tracking, cost tracking, findings and lessons found out in an organized prompt way;
- Participates in UNHCR coordination conferences when asked for; and
- Work with Communications to establish contents to highlight successes in the task.
Monitoring And Reporting:
- Support to make sure that pertinent information are caught, evaluated, and distributed to pertinent task stakeholders;
- Support the dissemination of task details amongst the task group;
- Support the style and execution of pertinent studies, require evaluations, information and details collection for on-going tracking and knowing; and
- Document lessons gained from evaluation procedures to continually enhance the quality of food security and livelihood interventions.
- Facilitate pertinent capability structure of international and neighborhood volunteers to add to the task results; and
- Provide instructions and continuous assistance and assistance to international volunteers for efficient arrangement of technical help .
- Bachelors’ degree or comparable in Agriculture, Accountancy or Business Administration and a minimum of 3-year of work experience in incomes operation with an emergency situation or advancement program; Proven competence and understanding of training assistance, organisation advancement, entrepreneurship, occupation abilities advancement, farming interventions and development of cost savings and loan groups;
- Familiarity with Farmer Field Schools established, group arranging and mobilization for safeguard tasks;
- Ability to work efficiently with varied nationwide and international groups;
- Ability to operate in a complicated environment with several jobs, brief due dates and extreme pressure to carry out;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office plans (Excel/Word document);
- Strategic thinking and efficient contribution to organizational advancement;
- Sound judgement and decision-making in intricate scenarios;
- Strong psychological intelligence consisting of self-awareness;
- Very strong dedication to constant knowing;
- Must have the ability to work separately while being a strong group gamer;
- Experience from both local and INGO sectors;
- Monitors development versus turning points and due dates; and
- Knowledge developing and providing capability structure for technical groups.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge on sustainable incomes structures and neighborhood durability shows;
- Knowledge of Cuso International objectives and method to advancement work;
- Previous experience dealing with United Nations company;
- Interest and/or understanding of international advancement problems, consisting of humanitarian problems; and
- Previous experience operating in an international volunteer sending out organization in Africa normally, and Nigeria particularly.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and certified prospects should:
Click here to apply online