A report by Transparenc IT Nigeria has listed six cases of corruption against six former governors that has been concluded, of which Chief James Onanefe Initial top the list.
The former state chief executives were convicted for corruption offences in various Nigerian courts while one of them was convicted and served his jail time in the United Kingdom.
On the list are recently convicted former governors of Taraba and Plateau states, Jolly Nyame and Joshua Dariye, a serving senator.
READ ALSO: Borno police command confirms Boko Haram early morning attacks
- Jolly Nyame of Taraba
He was convicted by a high court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja to serve a jail term of 14 years for diverting N1.64 billion.
Joshua Dariye of Plateau
He was also convicted to serve a jail term of 14 years for misappropriating N1.16 billion ecological funds while he governed the state between 1999-2007.
Former governor of Adamawa state James Bala Ngilari
He was sentenced to jail for 5 years without an option of fine for defrauding his state of N167 million.
Former governor of Edo state Lucky Igbinedion
He was also sentenced to six months imprisonment for money laundering worth N25 billion, but got a plea bargain that made him pay fine of N3.5 million.
James Ibori of Delta state
The former governor who has since completed his time in jail, was sentenced to 13 years in prison for money laundering by a London court for laundering $250 million.
Late Diepreye Alamieyesegha of Bayelsa
He was sentenced to jail for 2 years, based on a plea bargain after he was found guilty of laundering N3.7 billion.
The former state chief executives were convicted for corruption offences
- One of them was convicted and served his jail time in the United Kingdom
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer