As the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, launched the outcomes of the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations, UTME, a 15-year-old boy from Abia State emerged the most effective candidate by scoring 347 marks thought of because the highest by the board.
Similarly, a 16-year-old boy from Abia State got here second by scoring 346 marks simply as a 17-year-old from Osun State trailed behind with 345, thought of by the board because the third finest outcome within the 2019 UTME.
But the Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, who introduced this at a media briefing, Saturday, nevertheless, mentioned the most effective candidate might not be admitted within the University of Lagos, which he selected as his first alternative due to age. He gave the names of the three finest candidates as Ekene Franklin;Igban Emmanuel Chidiebube and Oluwo Isaac Olamilekan Oloyede didn't disclose the meant programs of the most effective performing college students. Oloyede insisted that though the most effective scored candidate utilized as an undergraduate on the University of Lagos, he could not get admitted on account of being under-aged.
Franklin was adopted by Emmanuel Chidiebube from Abia state, aged 16, who got here second with 346 factors, whereas Isaac Olanilekon who utilized to check at Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU) got here third, scoring 345.
According to the examination physique, among the pranks which candidates deployed to undermine the method included, a number of registration, impersonation, deliberate distruption of the examination course of, manipulation of biometrics, collusion of some personal CBT centres with dad and mom, syndicate of closed centres in addition to extortion of candidates.
He defined that these infractions accounted for the delays in releasing the outcomes, noting that the company has been taking pains to display the candidates biometric details with a view to uncovering these who engaged in a number of registration.
Oloyede whereas giving a breakdown of the outcomes, mentioned some college students registered 42 instances utilizing similar finger prints, a number of names in a specific centre however the biometric verification system deployed by the board uncovered their identification and facilitated their arrest.
“Some of the methods deployed to compromise the integrity of the examination had been a number of registration. “It can be recalled that JAMB had cautioned within the media that no candidate ought to register greater than as soon as and that a number of registrations adversely have an effect on knowledge which affect negatively on training planning within the nation.
“We went additional to announce that any candidate who needs to achieve admission via Direct Entry and had registered for UTME needn't apply for DE individually however use the chance of an improve to the DE standing without charge with out having to register greater than as soon as. Double registrations led to the cancellation of some outcomes final year however we realised that this year not solely double registrations but in addition a number of registrations had been recorded.
“Someone as an example registered as many as 23 instances for only a single examination! the muse of examination malpractice is laid on the level of registration with the energetic connivance of some CBT centre homeowners who allowed themselves to be infiltrated by these who parade themselves as homeowners of educational courses.
“Unfortunately, some elite institutions that charge exorbitant fees, which they had made the parents part with in the name of secondary education, became active in the procurement of ‘best results’ for their students at all costs. These characters have permeated the system such that it is Herculean to confront and dislodge them. When one of the examination bodies recently decided that one category of teachers would not supervise its public examinations, all hell was let loose. However, the truth of the matter is that the body is correct in its resolve”.
Lamenting how candidates now have interaction in impersonation, the JAMB Boss mentioned, “within the 2019 UTME, we had been capable of determine a lot of impersonators who have been writing UTME for candidates. Most of the tutorial masters specialise in recruiting such skilled writers for the candidates.
“They accomplish that through the use of the names instantly or variants of the identify or by a number of registrations. An instance is Anambra State the place two centres registered a lot of impersonating candidates. (PICTURE) In such instances, the outcomes of the candidates have been cancelled and the CBT centres delisted.
“We have also tracked the registration centres and the computers used. In cases where we were able to ascertain the culpability of the centres, we delisted them. Where we have doubts, our principle is that we would rather allow 10 criminals to go scot-free than allow an innocent person to be unjustly punished”.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Job at Center for Civilians in Conflict, 22nd August 2019
- New Vacancies in a Leading Internet Finance Company in Lagos
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Job for an IT Solutions Developer
- The Niger Basin Authority (NBA), Latest Recruitment 22nd August 2019
- Vacancy Announcement at The Kwara State Ministry of Water Resources, 22nd August 2019
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Latest Recruitment 2019
- Mass Recruitment at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), 21st August 2019
- A Reputable Construction Company in Northern Nigeria : Ongoing recruitment ( 5 states )
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 38
- Adamawa State 18
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 11
- Benue State 10
- Borno State 18
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 228
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 14
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1060
- Gombe State 11
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1544
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 11
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 10
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 13
- Lagos State 162
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1144
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 16
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 15
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 27
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 10
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9