Kayode Adegbola, a beneficiary of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) N50 billion targeted credit facility (TCF), has cried out over his inability to find out hoe to repay the loan.
Adegbola who is lead advisor at Golborne Road Advisory and Legal Offices says he has been unable to access information on how to repay the loan.
The N50 billion TCF was created to assist households and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funds were disbursed to beneficiaries by the NISRAL Microfinance Bank (NFMB), an entity owned by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The loans were disbursed at an interest rate of five percent with a moratorium period that lasts till February 28, 2021.
At the expiration of the moratorium, the interest rate of the facility reverts to nine percent from March 1, 2021.
In a March 23 circular to deposit money banks and the general public, the CBN had said repayments of disbursed loans will be made in instalments.
The apex bank said the instalments will be repaid to the microfinance bank according to the nature of the enterprise and repayment schedule/work plan provided during the application process.
In a tweet on Thursday, Kayode wrote: “Earlier this year, my business got a federal government loan (via NIRSAL MFB) as a relief for COVID-19. I have been seeking information on how to begin to pay back but been unable to find it”.
Earlier this year, my business got a FG loan (via NIRSAL MFB) as relief for COVID-19. I have been seeking information on how to begin to pay back but been unable to find it.
— Kayode A #RIPJimohIsiaq (@kayodea) November 18, 2020
The loan amount for SMEs was determined by the activity, cash flow and the industry or segment size of the beneficiary and subject to a maximum of N25 million, while households can access a maximum of N3 million.
Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]