A Nigerian photographer identified only as Ayo committed suicide after explaining how he was unable to seek help due to the stigma often associated with mental health issues.
The visual artist said he had battled depression since he was 16 in a barrage of tweets made via his handle, which he said were scheduled.
Ayo described the feeling of taking his own life as swift and virtually painless, claiming he would be long gone by the time his suicide note was read.
“I’ll be dead by the time the majority of you read this.” I committed suicide at a gun range. “It was quick and painless, aimed right at my medulla,” he wrote.
“I’m sorry to those who loved me while I was alive; I wish I could have reciprocated your efforts equally.” It wasn’t anything spiritual, magical, or mystical.
“Please don’t make it out to be that annoying speculation that literally kept me from seeking help from my family.” Everything came down to prayer and spirits. There was no real assistance.
“I’ve been depressed since I was sixteen years old.” It just wouldn’t let go. Seeing how they reacted to other people’s mental health issues discouraged me from approaching them about what I was going through.
“Please, no weird Photoshop wing edits of me.” I’ll personally resurrect and slap you. By the way, these are scheduled tweets; I’m not tweeting from the afterlife.”
You may also like
- Founder of Globe motors Anumudu Willy is Dead
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Jada Pollock Biography, Net Worth, Wiki, Real Name, Husband, Wizkid Manager
- I’m Distressed, Depressed —President Buhari Cries out
- Pregnant 1st wife sends her 7-yr-old daughter to kill 2nd wife’s 3-day-old baby
- Pipeline Fire : Rev. Sister Died after rescuing Children in her care