Isuikwuato People Cry for help over incessant Kidnapping and Killing in the area
Following alleged incessant cases of kidnapping and abduction of their sons and daughters by unknown gunmen suspected of being armed herders, the people of the Isuikwuato community in Abia State, South East, Nigeria, lament their fate.
People claim that more than 30 individuals were kidnapped, both from the community and outside, by heavily armed mercenaries terrorizing the areas.
READ ALSO : No Human Can Kill Me, Sunday Igboho Spit Fire
Isuikwato is an agrarian community on the highway to the northern part of the state of Abia and is one of the hardest hit by the area’s increasing level of insecurity.
The traditional rulers’ council and community leaders were busy holding a series of security meetings with hunters and other local vigilante groups when ait.live visited the community, all aimed at finding a lasting solution to the ugly trend.
The community’s indigenous people say that suspected kidnappers made it impossible for them to go to bed with both eyes closed, as many indigenous people and visitors were either kidnapped or murdered by criminals.
Some have blamed the kidnappers’ smooth operations on the bad road network in the area, but others are concerned that the high-level presence of security operatives in the area has not in any way hindered the kidnappers’ activities.
John Okiyi Kalu, State Information Commissioner of Abia, and Chima Agbeze, Chairman of Isuikwuato Local Government Area, stated that the state government is doing something about the security challenge in the LGA.
Although there was no heavy presence of security men along the Umuahia-Isuikwato road and other community link roads as visited at the time ait.live, however, the command of the Abia State Police insisted that they are on top of the situation.
Kidnapping incidents have swept through Aba in the past, the commercial nerve center of the state of Abia and its surroundings, forcing residents to flee the city until soldiers were deployed in 2010.
Both federal and state governments are expected to respond promptly to the safety challenges in Isuikwato and parts of the state and restore order, security and rebuild the confidence of the people in government.
# Isuikwuato People Cry for help over incessant Kidnapping and Killing in the area
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State