Islamization: Hisbah Destroys Beer Bottles Worth ₦200m in Kano, says Forbidden in Islam
The Kano State Hisbah Board has destroyed 1,975,000 bottles of different beer worth over N200m, which were confiscated within Kano metropolis.
Speaking during the destruction exercise in Kalebawa in the Dawakin Tofa Local Government Area, Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, represented by the Deputy Governor, Dr Nasiru Gawuna, stated consumption of alcohol and all other intoxicants was forbidden in Islam.
In a statement by the the Chief Press Secretary to the Deputy Governor, Hassan Fagge, the governor was quoted as saying, “Even in Kano we have banned the consumption of beer in all parts of the state.”
Ganduje aded that Hisbah Board was established with the aim of preventing evil social acts in society.
The statement quoted the Commander General, Hisbah Board, Sheikh Harun Ibn Sina, as saying that the beer confiscated was worth over N200m.
He further said that the board got a court order to destroy over 20 trucks of the intercepted alcohol.
Ibn Sina while expressing the appreciation of the support given to them by the government, assured the governor that the board would not relent in the “fight against immoral acts and other social vices destroying society.”
# Islamization: Hisbah Destroys Beer Bottles Worth ₦200m in Kano, says Forbidden in Islam
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer