The Hausa community in Orlu, Imo State, has accused operatives of the Eastern Security Network established by the outlawed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, of killing four of its members on Monday.
Several people were reportedly killed and property damaged when IPOB security guards clashed in Orlu with cops and soldiers.
The community member, who simply gave his name as Yusuf for security purposes, said it took the military’s intervention to stop the carnage.
He said the victims’ bodies, retrieved by the army and handed over to the town’s Hausa representatives, were buried in accordance with Islamic rites.
“He said, “All the corpses have been retrieved from their company stands.
It all started on Thursday when citizens in the city resisted paying a levy levied on them by IPOB, Yusuf said, narrating how the incident broke. Angered by their conduct, they went to burn down Orlu Eze’s palace.
Yusuf recalled that the Hausa group in Imo lost over 40 individuals during the #ENDSARS protest, saying it was not reported by the media and no action was taken.
# IPOB Security Operatives allegedly Kill 4 Hausa People In Imo’
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021