Nigerian entrepreneur, Obinwanne Okeke popularly known as Invictus Obi who was arraigned in the US for cyberfraud has been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment.
He was sentenced for a computer-based intrusion fraud scheme that caused approximately $11 million in known losses to his victims.
“Today’s sentence further demonstrates EDVA’s and FBI’s worldwide reach in vigorously pursuing justice on behalf of American victims and others and holding international cybercriminals accountable, no matter where they commit their crimes,” said Raj Parekh, acting US attorney for the eastern district of Virginia after sentencing by chief US district judge Rebecca Smith.
According to court documents, Mr Okeke, 33, operated a group of companies known as the Invictus Group based in Nigeria and elsewhere.
From approximately 2015 to 2019, Okeke and others engaged in a conspiracy to conduct various computer-based frauds.
One of his victims include Unatrac Holding Limited, a subsidiary of American heavy equipment manufacturer Caterpillar.
Okeke was arrested in August 2019.
Forbes had listed him as one of the influential young entrepreneurs.
Okeke pleaded guilty to the second charge of wire fraud, earning him a deal with the US government.
As part of the deal, he would enjoy immunity from prosecution on the same matter in the US eastern district of Virginia. The district would also confirm the validity of the plea agreement in case Okeke is charged over the same offence in another jurisdiction.
Get Auto Insurance Online, Geico Insurance, Start Online College Today, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State