See how to Apply for Domestic Support Officer at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
ALSO APPLY FOR : Jhpiego Nigeria Job Recruitment for Graduates
Job Title: Domestic Support Officer at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong country wide approach, supporting NGOs working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon.
- We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as (Domestic Support) to be based (Maiduguri).
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the office and environment and the INSO guest house. The Domestic Support also supports for basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases. This position reports to the INSO Field Office Administrator.
- The Domestic Support position is a highly rewarding role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the provision of safety services to the NGO community.
Major Responsibilities for Domestic Support Officer at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- To clean the office and guest house building as directed by the Field Admin Officer
- Do Laundry of guesthouse clothing’s (clothes, curtains, sheets, towels etc.)
- Maintain the cleanliness of the interior areas of the office and the guest house including offices, rooms, kitchen facilities and equipment, waiting areas, bathrooms, car garage, storage area, etc.
- Arrange conference room for meetings
- Update stock card for items purchased and kept in the store
- To assist the Field Admin Officer in ensuring adequate supplies within the facility.
- To assist the Field Admin Officer in Procurement processes, including purchase of supplies need of the office.
- To assist the Field Admin Officer to monitor and report on potential safety or maintenance issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of exterior areas of the office and guesthouse including sweeping, watering of plants, garbage disposal, weeding of flower beds, cleaning of generator house, etc.
- Identify any repairs in the guest house and office area and report to supervisor immediately
- Understands basic hygiene and professional cleaning procedures
- Ability to operate a washing machine
- Advance knowledge of cleaning processes
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Basic Computer literate.
- 2-year work experience as a domestic support/Cleaner
- Awareness of hygiene and safety procedures
- Ability to multi-task and in a team
- Hands must be clean before touching/washing kitchen utensils
- All dirty utensils must be washed and kept away in the storage twice day
- All Kitchen counter tops must be cleaned thoroughly twice a day
- All toilets sink and tubs must be disinfected and cleaned thoroughly twice a day
- Office and guest house dust bins must be emptied twice a day.
- 3 years’ work experience as a Domestic support or Cleaner.
- 2 Years’ work experience as Hotel cleaner and Janitor.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- A good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and loyal.
How to Apply for Domestic Support Officer at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “INSO – Domestic Support Maiduguri” as the subject of the mail.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (2-page maximum).
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date
Application Deadline for Domestic Support Officer at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) 1st September, 2021
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate