The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As half of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven basic rules; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Vacancy No: IFRC04956
Duration: 9 Months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not relevant
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a community of 192-member National Societies.
- The total intention of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to fulfill the wants and enhance the lives of weak people earlier than, throughout and after disasters, well being emergencies and different crises.
- The IFRC is an element of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), along with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the next basic rules: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
- The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three principal Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
- The IFRC has 5 regional places of work in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC additionally has nation cluster delegation and nation delegations all through the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the sphere construction (regional, cluster and nation) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
- The Abuja primarily based workplace is the hub to assist West Coast Cluster and has a standing settlement with Nigerian authorities. This job is to assist the IFRC West Coast nation cluster assist workforce
- To present well timed, efficient and pro-active administrative and operational assist to the HR division.
- To present on-going knowledge entry and knowledge consolidation within the HR Department
- To assist the IFRC workforce of the West Coast Delegation with all administrative duties associated to each nationwide and worldwide employees
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Support to HR division:
- Draft and edit routine correspondence and different paperwork issued by the HR division to make sure most readability, conciseness, and high quality.
- Creating and sustaining a calendar of information of key dates with regard to durations of probation, renewals or extension of contract and performance value determinations previous to affirmation to make sure that these are attended to in time.
- Support within the implementation and application of the HR coverage within the West Coast Delegation and present recommendation and assist to staff and managers.
- Provide options on tips on how to enhance HR functioning within the cluster delegation.
- Assist within the circulation of HR division communications.
- Responsible for introducing all new workforce members to the IFRC west coast cluster workforce and making certain all required documentation have been crammed.
- Process schedules for Pension Fund Administration (PFA) Group Life Insurance (GLI) and National Housing Fund (NHF)
- Ensure briefings with all heads of departments are scheduled and accomplished well timed.
- Maintain an up-to-date Medical Database for all IFRC nationwide employees.
- Monthly funds for Interns, every day employees and consultants
- Organize logistical and administrative assist for exterior or inside conferences / workshops, corresponding to HR Seminar, and HR inside conferences, briefings.
- Register info on circumstances associated to the Code of Conduct, in line with info acquired.
- Assist the method of information constructing, information sharing and performance.
- Maintain the HR archives and HR information of the west coast cluster together with documentation.
- Liaise with the workers and managers to make sure all required info is acquired in a well timed method.
Recruitment, Selection, Placement and Exit:
- Organize briefing and debriefing packages for new and departing employees.
- Assist in recruitment course of – CV obtain, longlisting, references and due diligence checks.
- Keeping information of internship program.
- Check references by e mail and by cellphone, making certain that they meet the stipulated necessities.
- Assist the Senior HR Officer within the assortment and submitting of paperwork to create full recruitment information for all positions within the regional workplace.
- Collect and submit the mandatory paperwork for insurance coverage enrolment and updating and be sure that employees have up-to-date insurance coverage playing cards.
- Support HR colleagues in shortlisting acquired functions as directed.
- Schedule interviews, assessments and assist with logistics on day of the interviews
Data entry and HR programs:
- Ensure well timed and correct dealing with of recurring knowledge entry and consolidation duties in SAP and different HR programs.
- Support the manufacturing of common reports from the varied programs in use in HR (Performance evaluate, Learning Platform, SAP, e-recruitment device, and so on.)
- Preparation and upkeep of employees information and different HR associated paperwork
- Administering and monitoring depart information upkeep and month-to-month verification
- Prepare all new employees information and preserve the present employees’s information.
- Maintain a database of all employees info, paperwork, expiration dates, and so on. and observe up with the suitable people to get any lacking paperwork or info.
Duties relevant to all employees:
- Actively work in the direction of the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s targets
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent rules
- Perform every other work-related duties and tasks that could be assigned by the road supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or different comparable self-discipline. – Required
- 1-2 years HR or administrative experience- Required
- Registered with a skilled HR Body (CIPD, CIPM or SHRM- Preferred
- Experience and understanding of Federation programs. Preferred
Knowledge, expertise and languages:
- Good information of HR Systems (SAP most popular) – Required
- Good understanding of HR capabilities and best practices. – Required
- Ability to work properly beneath strain and meets tight deadlines. – Required
- Excellent laptop expertise (MS Office)- Required
- Excellent customer support mentality- Required
- Good communication expertise – Required
- Ability to behave effectively and prioritize actions in a very complicated atmosphere. - Required
- Ability to precisely observe directions. – Required
- Discrete and respect confidentiality- Required
- Excellent organisational expertise and a good understanding of the necessity for efficient administrative systems- Required
- Fluently spoken and written English- Required
- Good command of one other IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)- Preferred
Competencies and values:
- Values: Respect for variety; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and buyer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building belief
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline twenty first March, 2021.
Some of the favored queries people used to seek out this Job Vacancies are kindly famous down. See the queries under:
Naija Recruitment News Today , Current Recruitment in Nigeria, Latest Recruitment in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs , Todays jobs in Nigeria, Hot Nigerian Jobs, Latest Jobs in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs Online, Vacancies in Nigeria, Nigeria Job Today, Nigeria Hot Jobs, Latest Jobs Vacancy in Nigeria Today , Latest Job Offers in Nigeria ,Jobs in Nigeria Now, Hotnigerianjobs, Jobzilla Nigeria, Myjobmag Nigeria, Naija Hot Jobs Vacancies, Jobs in Nigeria Today.
Pay Attention To:
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021