Former President Goodluck Jonathan has expressed his dissatisfaction with Nigeria’s security situation.
Goodluck Jonathan argued that the majority of the offences were committed as a result of drug inducement.
In Abuja, the former president addressed the management of the Albino Foundation and its partners.
The current situation of insecurity in Nigeria, he claimed, has devastated Nigerians.
He claimed that Nigeria’s insecurity has resulted in mental health difficulties that need to be addressed.
“Imagine waking up to the news of a murder; it leaves an indelible impression on your mind.
“We need to look into mental health issues as well.
“Unless he is high on drugs, no reasonable Nigerian will go out and commit crimes.
“Now we have cults in primary and secondary schools; formerly, it was only in tertiary institutions,” he bemoaned, “but you now have children in these schools thinking about ways to kill their classmates, which is sad.
ALSO READ : Zamfara Governor, Bello Matawalle, To Officially Defect from PDP to APC on Tuesday June 29
Since President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, Boko Haram, kidnapping, and banditry have all increased.
While bandits are murdering and snatching students in the north, abduction and other vices are rampant in the south.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)