President Muhammadu Buhari in a meeting with Osinbajo and service chiefs
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari is currently meeting with Nigeria’s security chiefs to discuss the worsening security situation in the country, according to Premium Times.
In attendance is the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Chief of Staff to the President Ibrahim Gambari, National Security Adviser Babagana Monguno and some ministers.
The heads of the army, navy, air force, police, State Security Service, and Directorate of Military Intelligence are also attending the meeting.
The meeting is holding about a week after armed persons attacked the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, in Baga, a community with a history of Boko Haram attacks.
Mr Zulum has, however, said he believes the attack was carried out by soldiers.
The attack on the governor occurred about a day after at least one person was killed in Boko Haram attacks on Maiduguri.
Apart from the Boko Haram insurgency in Borno and neighbouring states, armed bandits are also attacking northwestern states randomly, killing and kidnapping dozens of people every month.
Many people have also been killed in renewed violence in Southern Kaduna.
Tuesday’s security meeting is expected to deliberate on some of these key security situations.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022