Festus Okoye, the INEC national commissioner in charge of voter education and publicity, explains that the period for substitution of candidates by political parties had expired.
The electoral commission discloses that all parties and candidates that contested the senatorial election during last general poll will be on the ballot for the rerun election in Essien Udim senatorial district
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has disclosed that the All Progressives Congress (APC) will not be allowed to replace its candidate, Godswill Akpabio, who withdrew from the senatorial rerun in Essien Udim senatorial district area of Akwa Ibom state.
The re-run in the senatorial district was ordered by the Court of Appeal following a petition by Akpabio challenging the declaration of Senator Chris Ekpenyong of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the winner of the election.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers