Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment for Observers.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Applications are invited for:
Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment for Observers
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) hereby invites registered Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs) and other interested stakeholders whose work is on democracy, governance and election and who wish to observe the 2023 Elections scheduled to hold as follows:
- Presidential and National Assembly on 25th February, 2023
- Governorship and States House of Assembly on 11 March, 2023 to visit (http://observergroups.inecnigeria.org) and complete the application form. This is without prejudice to any previous correspondence with the Commission.
- Completion of the prescribed application form (EC 14A (1)) remains the only accepted means of applying.
- In view of the above, interested observer groups should complete the application form (EC14A (1) and submit same online along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation).
- Observer groups should particularly note that all other information including Legal status, evidence of registration with the Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja among others are to accompany the online application.
- Any falsification of documents in the submissions will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution.
- The list of successful observer groups approved for accreditation will subsequently be published in National Newspapers and on the Commission’s website.
Accreditation Of Successful Observer Groups
- Each successful group would then be required to fill out and submit the Deployment of Observers form (EC 14A (ii)) online.
- Successful Observer groups should also keep in mind that passport photographs in JPEG format of their members who will be deployed to the field must be arranged on an Area Council basis and submitted with the deployment form (EC 14A (ii)). This will allow the Commission to create individual field observer identification and accreditation tags.
- Before receiving their accreditation letters, all successful observer groups will be required to sign the Commission’s indemnity form.
Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- Observer groups should be aware that the core principles of election observation, as stated in relevant UN, AU, and ECOWAS treaties and protocols, as well as INEC guidelines on Election observation (2008), which include impartiality, objectivity, and non-partisanship, should guide the conduct of observers during the election, and any observer groups found to be violating those principles will be barred from participating in future elections.
- According to the current situation in the country, accredited observer groups are expected to follow all COVID-19 regulations and protocols issued by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC Presidential Task Force, including INEC guidelines on COVID-19, including the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face masks, hand gloves, and hand sanitizers, as well as maintain social distancing by all their members who will operate in the country.
- Details of COVID-19 Protocols as it relates to election are available at (www.inecnigeria.org), Please be guided accordingly.
Application Closing Date for Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment for Observers
14th October, 2022.
How to Apply for Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment for Observers
Interested and qualified Candidates / Group (Observer) should:
Click here to apply online
Thanks for using Ejes Gist NewsOnline Nigeria to know about Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment for Observers
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications