The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has stated it is presenting Election Result Viewing Portal (IReV Portal) to reinforce its election administration process and also boost the openness of the system.
INEC’s National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee (IVEC), Festus Okoye, stated this on Thursday in Abuja.
According to him, the commission realized that result administration had actually stayed a significant source of skepticism in the country’s electoral process, as residents are frequently worried, and also occasionally appropriately so, that outcomes might not constantly follow votes cast.
“INEC is determined to address any kind of source of this issue via enhancing the degree of openness in the conduct of political elections, much more so in the process of releasing outcomes of political elections.
“It is an essential concept of freedom that, in political elections, ballots are not just properly counted, however that they likewise count.
“Consistent with its dedication to openness in election administration, the Commission presented the Form EC60E, which is a poster variation of the main result sheet, the Form EC8A.
“This reproduction of the ballot system result is pasted at the Polling Unit after ballots are counted, recorded and also revealed.
“This poster, currently extensively referred to as the ‘People’s Form EC8A’, has actually raised openness in result administration,” Okoye stated.
He included that the type makes it possible for the residents to picture the results and also project the result of political elections, also before the results are revealed.
“Unfortunately, this has actually likewise led to misuses, as informal and also sometimes incorrect outcomes are recognized to have actually been flowed, especially through social networks, leading to stress and also spreading aspersions on the last result of political elections.
“To additionally reinforce the openness in the election result administration system, the commission has actually made a decision to present a devoted public portal, the INEC RESULT VIEWING (IReV), that will certainly make it possible for Nigerians to sight Polling Unit results live as the ballot ends on Election Day,” he stated.
He, however, emphasized that this does not comprise digital relation of outcomes, as the relation of election results will stay as attended to by legislation, a hand-operated process of conclusion of pertinent result sheets and also their upwards relation up until the results are figured out.
He stated that this development will certainly begin from the Nasarawa Central State Constituency bye-election in Nasarawa State arranged for Saturday 8th August 2020 and also afterwards, be expanded to the Edo and also Ondo governorship political elections in addition to all succeeding political elections.
He revealed hope that this development would certainly boost the openness in election result administration and also as a result additionally consolidate public self-confidence in the electoral process.
He stated: “For the Nasarawa Central State Constituency election, the Result Sheet can be accessed hence: https://inecelectionresults.com
“Click on ‘Create new Account?’
“Fill in your information in the form given and also click ‘Sign in’.
“Provide your State of Origin and also click ‘Continue’.
“An account activation e-mail is sent out to the e-mail address supplied in the form.
“Check your e-mail and also properly duplicate out the activation code which will certainly be entered into the textbox given on the portal.
“Click on ‘Activate’,” Okoye stated.
He stated that this logs applicants right into the portal and also they can choose the election whose ballot system (PU) results they have an interest in viewing.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august