The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Imo state, Hope Uzodinma, has been arrested at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja on Sunday, November 8, over an alleged breach of contract worth $12m. The Special Presidential Investigation Panel For Recovery of Public Property said its operatives arrested Uzodinma, the senator representing Imo West senatorial district, for a breach of contract after his company allegedly failed to execute a contract of $12m for the dredging of Calabar channel.
READ ALSO: ejesgist.com.ng/current-job-opportunities-at-human-capacity-development-consultants-hcdc-limited.html
In a press statement sent to The Punch, Chairman of the recovery panel, Chief Okoi Obono-Obla, said had been evading arrest for about a year but was arrested at about 8.20pm at the Abuja airport.
The statement read: “This evening, at about 8.20pm, operatives of the Special Presidential Investigation Panel For Recovery of Public Property at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport arrested the APC governorship candidate in Imo State, Hope Uzodinma, after disembarking from an Air Peace P47324 flight from Lagos. “The panel is investigating economic sabotage against Senator Uzodinma arising out of the failure of his company to execute a contract of $12m for the dredging of Calabar channel awarded by the NPA.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)