The news now is that, the Nigerian Immigration Service, NIS has returned the seized passport of an #EndSARS promoter, Modupe Odele, after series of media battle.
Modupe Odele stated this in a tweet after retrieving the passport.
While giving an update, Odele tweeted, “Passport now picked up. No issues. I’m told I can travel at any time. Thank you so much everyone for the help and concern.”
She earlier complained that “(On the) 1st of November, I was stopped and my passport was taken some minutes to board this flight. No reason was given, other than “you are under investigation”.
“Holding on to my passport without giving me any reason for it is a breach of my constitutional right. I’ve not been informed of any investigation against me, I’m not running. I am here. Investigate.”
Odele, who provided legal assistance to protesters who were unjustly arrested by the authorities, was stopped at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, on Sunday on her way to the Maldives through Dubai.
The spokesman for the NIS, Mr. Sunday James, said, “When there is a directive from any agency of government not specific, we have to enforce either entry or restriction of entry by anybody who has been directed not to be allowed exit or entry and as a matter of fact, we cannot as a border management agency, allow anybody who has been restricted from leaving the country to go out and we cannot allow anybody who has been restricted from entry to enter.
“So, it is a routine assignment and it has nothing to do with End SARS. We are the lead agency for the security management of the border. It has to do with the restriction order which we are duty-bound to enforce.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment for Graduates
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)