The police in Anambra State have arrested a blind fraudster who specialises in defrauding unsuspecting victims.
Mr. Tochukwu Ikebuife aka Mmanye was arrested in Obosi, Idemili North Local Government Area of the state, for engaging in fraud (419).
According to reports, the suspect, Mr. Tochukwu Ikebuife aka Mmanye, specialised in spitting saliva in the palms of his victims and having it come out the other side, an act used to confuse and defraud his victims.
According to the Nigerian Tribune, the majority of the victims in Ikebuife were young girls and boys who worked as salesgirls and apprentices for their masters in various markets in Onitsha.
The suspect, who is said to be from Ire in Obosi, is accused of defrauding his victims of large sums of money ranging from N500,000 to N850,000, N3 million to N5 million.
The arrest was made public when a group led by Dede Uzor A. Uzor, the National President of the Ndigbo Unity Forum (NUF), paid a courtesy visit to the anti-cult commander in Enugu-Ukwu.
Mr. Monday Kunyas, the state’s new Commissioner of Police, and the commander were praised by the national president for making a major breakthrough in apprehending the kingpin and his wife, Nkiru, who is said to be his accomplice.
The NUF leader warned people to be wary of people who approach them for help, claiming to be from other African countries such as Ghana, Togo, and the Ivory Coast, and that they need help changing their foreign currency.
“People should be cautious of such people.
This is an example of one of their antics. I urge police to arraign the suspect and his wife as soon as possible to serve as a deterrent to others,” he said.
They urged the police to step up their efforts to apprehend five other criminal gangs operating in Obosi and using Camry and Keke to carry out their crimes.
During the courtesy visit, it was reported that about seven of the victims were present.
Pay Attention To:
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc