The Ijaw Youth Council, IYC, has said it will support any presidential candidate that plans to restructure Nigeria and remove the marginalisation of the South-South people from the oil and gas benefits.
Ejesgist Gathered that the IYC President, Pereotubo Oweilaemi, on Sunday made this while congratulating the presidential flag bearers of various political parties in the 2019 general elections.
According to Oweilaemi the Ijaw people’s stand on restructuring was firm, calling “for the federating units to control natural resources in their respective domains and let them in turn pay royalty to the centre as practised by America and other advanced democracies.”
He went futher to say “The IYC, which is the umbrella body of Ijaw youths worldwide, will mobilise its men and women to support any presidential candidate that supports restructuring of this country that is currently being managed with resources from the Niger Delta while our people are treated with disdain.
“The present situation is where our people are wallowing in misery while those who do not know the colour of crude oil are living in affluence.
“The IYC will no longer support any government or leader that tries to treat our people like second class citizens.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)