In a statement signed by it's National President, Comrade Navy T. Stephen, the group advised Nunieh to pull herself together and move on as to enable the Honorable Minister of the Niger Delta Affairs, Sen. Godswill Obot Akpabio and the members of the Interim Management Committee IMC led by Professor Pondi Kemebradikumo to concentrate on the task entrusted on them by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Recall that Nunieh, in a statement, said she refused to adhere to the demand of Godswill Akpabio, which eventually led to her sack.
She said, "I will just give you a brief as I will speak at the right time. Let me today tell the world why Akpabio sacked me because he has been pushing me to open up.
Akpabio wanted to compel me to swear to an oath of secrecy and loyalty in the presence of other two top NDDC male officials.
He tried to do that in about three consecutive times, and I looked at his face and bluntly told him no.
That the God I serve is bigger than his secret oath.
A secret oath to allow him to loot the money belonging to the people of Niger Delta. I refused to allow him to initiate me to a secret oath of secrecy and loyalty."
Reacting to her allegations against, Akpabio, Stephen said, "I hope you are not trying to be part of the mishap makers?
This allegation is weighty, and we want to say she should put the past behind her and move forward as all this dust raising will not do her any kind, if truly as she rightly put it that she is an activist and believes in the Niger Delta course? She should give the commission the necessary assistance to succeed.
The angle she is taking this whole issue to affirmed she had taken side with those that are working tirelessly to make sure the mandate of His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari is not actualized.
As a group, We strongly advise that she should live above the pull him down syndrome, well it's not surprising as the saying has it.
She should give the commission the necessary assistance to succeed, but I believe she is more than that.
"Nunieh added that Akpabio wanted her to use NDDC funds to sponsor his Presidential ambition in 2023, which she also refused. Saying that her only sins against Akpabio were her refusal to take an oath of secrecy, pay his phony Akwa Ibom contractors.
Nunieh also said she turned down, Akpabio request to sponsor his 2023 Presidential ambition with the wealth of the people of Niger Delta, which is meant to carry out developmental projects in the oil-bearing but suffering communities".
According to Stephen, her assertion is quite disturbing and misleading as there was a time frame for the Interim Management Committee IMC under her watch as the Ag. MD. Which was for six (6) months, and if she was to continue to preside over the activities, her tenure was to elapsed by May 2020. And it was on this premisses that prompted Buhari to extend the mandate of the IMC late last month to December 2020.
It was also not too clear to us; she thought her tenure in office was for a four (4) year tenure.
2023 is still very far away, and she shouldn't detract people with Presidential ambition and allow people to focus attention on the task at hand.
According to IYMMF, she was removed from the office as a result of the sharp practices she perpetuated within the commission.
IYMMF alleged she made payment of contracts without verification.
We want to use this medium to call on all well-meaning Sons and Daughters of the Niger Delta to throw their weights behind the Honorable Minister of the Niger Delta Affairs and the IMC of the NDDC to work and reposition the Niger Delta for development, why is it so prevalent with the Niger, is NDDC the only Commission in Nigeria? I think we need to go to other regions and learn from them.
Let's support the IMC of the NDDC to succeed and stop every act capable of drawing the commission and the region backward.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august