The minister of labour and Employment, Christmas Ngige, have reacted to the report that IPOB members will attack any Nigerian politician that travels abroad.
Speaking in Obosi, Anambra state, the minister claimed that he won’t be attacked by the group adding that he has protected their interest during his tenure as a Governor.
He said, “IPOB was registered by the late President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Dr Dozie Ikedife and other Igbo as a non-violent group.
“What is going on now in the group is not part of the work plan . I visited the United States of America recently, and I was welcomed by IPOB members.
“They knew I fed and protected them when I was in office as governor. I have said it several times that Biafra cannot be achieved the IPOB way.
“The Igbo should stop shouting marginalisation. They should stand up and assert themselves to be counted. Nigeria belongs to all of us.
“Equity favours the Igbo to produce the next president of the country, but they must work hard and position themselves for it.
“We should stop political sentiments. Politicians don’t give power based on sentiment and emotion. President Muhammadu Buhari has said he is favourable to an Igbo president.
“We must support him and associate with the APC. Nobody will give you president of Nigeria in your bedroom.”
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022