The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has reportedly handed over to Deputy Inspector General of Police, Operations, DIG Sanusi Lemu.
Ejes Gist News reports that the most senior police officer is DIG Lemu.
It was concluded that Adamu asked Lemu to oversee the administration of the Nigerian Police Force until the President had reached the statutory retirement age on Monday, appointing a new IG.
A source told The Punch, “The IG did not officially hand over power to DIG Lemu; he merely asked him to take over from the Presidential Villa as the most senior DIG pending directives.” Adamu is still nursing the hope that he can extend his tenure.
Following the retirement of DIG Abdulmajid Ali, Lemu was appointed to DIG Operations last November.
He holds a BA(Ed) in Political Science and has taken several professional courses, including: Intermediate Command Course, Senior Command Course, Training Course for Peacekeeping.
Member of the National Policy and Strategic Studies Institute, Kuru, Jos.
Including the Police Commissioner, Kaduna and Bauchi Police Commands, the Niger State-born cop has held many command positions.
He was the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zonal Headquarters (Zone-12), Bauchi, until his promotion as a DIG.
Pay Attention To:
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited