The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, on Monday lamented that ministers are taking advantage of President Muhammadu Buhari’s “fatherly disposition” by not being up and doing in the various ministries they head. He also threatened to prevail on Buhari to sack such ministers from the federal cabinet, adding that if President Buhari condones disrespect for his office, he will not condone disrespect for the party.
Oshiomhole handed down the threat during an interview with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. He said the APC under his leadership would not continue to tolerate ministers who abuse their offices and disrespect President Muhammadu Buhari by refusing to carry out his orders. The former Edo State Governor said if Buhari decided to condone disrespect for his office, he would not allow any government official to disrespect the party.
Oshiomhole said it was the same “green pen” that made them ministers that also appointed the board members that they are refusing to inaugurate. He said it was illegal for a minister in a democracy to subvert the powers of the boards because the laws establishing the institutions are clear. The party chairman said he was sure that affected ministers did not have the President’s backing in their actions.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)