The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has told the Federal Special Anti Robbery Square across the country to respect people’s rights or risk being sanctioned. Idris who said membership of FSARS was voluntary asked those who felt they could not cope with the reforms in the unit to opt out.
He said, forthwith, any FSARS officer who detained any suspect beyond 48 hours without recourse to the court risked dismissal.
The IGP read the riot act at the Anambra State Police Command Headquarters, Amawbia during a lecture to officers of FSARS.
Represented by the National Coordinator X-Squad, Mr. Amaechi Elumelu, a Deputy Commissioner of Police, the IGP said the FSARS was created to handle armed robbery and kidnapping cases alone. “You are created and authorised to handle only armed robbery and kidnapping cases,” Idris stated.
Read Also : Lagos State Government Recruiting for Teachers
He said the new rule of engagement of the reformed SARS required officers of the unit to undergo medical examinations, especially mental and psychological tests, adding that a counselling Department had been put in place in the unit.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer