Ibrahim Magu’s Lawyer
Mr Magu was intercepted by security operatives at the Wuse II office of the EFCC and whisked away to face a Presidential Panel in Aso rock over allegations of insubordination and corruption.
Speaking during a Channels Television interview on Monday night, Ojaomo disclosed that his client is supposed to be praised instead of vilified.
According to him, Magu was being grilled by the panel because the amount of money recovered by the agency from corrupt individuals was different from the figure the agency officially declared to the Presidency.
In his words; “The Pro-Panel is just to clarify the activities of the organization. They are only going there to clarify the activities of the commission.”
“The EFCC reports to the President and if the president says..yes..there is a lot of allegation..that Magu has done this, Magu has done that..The president felt that because of the image of the commission and these allegations that are flying around…He wants to know what are these allegations. Let it be investigated for it to be clarified and the EFCC chairman went there to clarify.”
“What is even basically the allegation? They said the amount the EFCC chairman announced to the presidency is different from what that was paid, that the money is more. They are not saying it is lesser, it’s more than the amount. What you should understand is that the recoveries by the EFCC is an ongoing operation.”
He also added that the forces behind corruption in Nigeria are fighting back.
“When you are fighting corruption, the forces behind corruption are so powerful, they are more powerful than COVID-19”
“You can imagine what is happening. Instead of Magu to be celebrated, those powerful corrupt persons who have the media backing them are trying to call a dog a bad name so they can hang it” he said.
Ibrahim Magu’s Lawyer
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- INEC Recruitment 2020 for Edo and Ondo Election |pres.inecnigeria.org
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]