He told his defense attorney, Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor, about the admission.
ALSO READ : “Kanu Opened His Mouth To Call Nigeria A Zoo, The Law Should Take Its Course”- Mike Ejiofor
The IPOB leader was arrested and jailed by Kenya’s Special Police Force for eight days before being handed over to their Nigerian equivalent, according to the lawyer who visited him at the Department of State Service, DSS.
The DSS had previously allowed Kanu’s legal team to visit the fugitive while he was being held.
Ejiofor claimed his client was caught in Kenya on June 18 and detained and mistreated until he was flown back to the country last Sunday, shortly after the visit on Friday evening.
His statement posted on Facebook read:
“Update on meeting with MNK today, 2nd July 2021:
My Client – Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, was actually abducted by the accursed Kenya’s Special Police Force on the 18th of June 2021 at their International Airport, and consequently taken to an undisclosed residence under dehumanizing conditions.
He was tortured and subjected to all forms of inhuman treatment which worsened his health condition. He was illegally detained for eight (8) good DAYS in Kenya before being transfered to their Nigerian counterpart.
He was purportedly investigated on a bogus charge while in their custody, ostensibly, awaiting to be handed over after their findings proved him innocent of all the spurious allegations. They later beckoned on their Nigerian Counterpart to take over.
Kenyan Government was deeply involved in the abduction, detention and ill-treatment of my Client before the illegal handover to their Nigerian counterpart.
A scan of his heart showed that the heart has enlarged by 13% due to the dehumanizing treatment meted to him. There will be need for immediate proper medical examination and attention for him.
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu conveyed his goodwill message to all IPOB family members worldwide, and craved for your unrelentless prayers.
We are going back to the Court for the needful. Other details cannot be entertained here.
His fortified legal team will address these infractions at the proper forum as we progress. Other details on our legal strategy, may not be made public.
With Chukwuokike Abiama on our side, Victory is assured. For if God Almighty be for us, who can be against us?”
# I was arrested, tortured in Kenya for 8 days
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021