Former Barcelona and AC Milan star, Ronaldinho, has said he was “totally surprised” to have been arrested and charged with using a fake passport in Paraguay.
In his first interview after being released from prison, Ronaldinho claimed he and his brother came to the country to attend the launch of an online casino.
Ronaldinho and his brother Roberto Assis were arrested in Paraguay in early March, for allegedly using fake documents to enter the country.
The Brazilian left prison after 32 days, when Judge Gustavo Amarilla decided that the brothers can live in a hotel in Asuncion, while they await trial on their charges.
“We were totally surprised to learn that the documents were not legal. Since then, our intention has been to collaborate with the justice system to clarify the facts.
“From that moment until today, we have explained everything and facilitated everything that has been requested of us,” Ronaldinho told ABC Color.
On the moment he knew he would go to jail, the 40-year-old added: “It was a hard blow. I never imagined that I would go through such a situation. All my life, I have sought to reach the highest professional level and bring joy to people with my football.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]