I had a lull during work last Wednesday. Using my work computer, I proceeded to goof around on the internet and managed to get access to Pottermore, a public internet site for Harry Potter related content. I’ve been reading a lot of Harry Potter to my grandchildren. The moments I get with my grandchildren are wonderful. Harry Potter’s parents were brutally murdered, but I can still find bits of laughter on each page.
I found a section on the site that houses personality-based quiz applications, one being an application that feeds user opinions about inanimate objects into an undefined algorithm and calculates what animal form their patronus would take. A patronus is a spectral figure that secretes from the tip of a wizard wand. It acts similar to how an antidepressant would, but you can choose to leverage your patronus against things that are not yourself. I enjoy fantasy.
I time-boxed this quiz activity and completed the task well within the budgeted time. It was an easy quiz; my youngest grandson could complete this quiz with minimal instruction.
Once the flash animation was completed I saw the image of my patronus. It was Senator Patrick Leahy from Vermont. I sent a quick email to my oldest grandson to confirm the types of patronuses he and his younger brothers had.
- One dog (terrier)
- One otter (river)
- One dolphin (sea)
Further questioning exposed that not one of his friends’ patronuses was a sitting United States Senator, or even congressman for that matter. I ended the email discussion with my grandson and logged off my computer.
I thought the situation of having Patrick Leahy as my patronus was quite interesting, because I am also a United States senator. I work with Patrick. He and I are both on the Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry. He seems like a nice enough guy. A virtuous, hard-working man. Honestly, I haven’t had the chance to get to know him because we’ve just been so darn busy these past few years. But this new information warranted a discussion.
I met Senator Leahy in the break room just after a Perspectives on Child Nutrition Reauthorization Full Committee Hearing.
“Patrick, I’m Senator Debbie Stabenow from Michigan. I took an online personality assessment that determines the form a person’s patronus takes. The assessment determined that you are my patronus.”
Senator Leahy became red in the ears, as if this information made him embarrassed. He could not keep eye contact. I allowed him to collect his thoughts. After some time, he spoke.
“I’ve got to be honest with you, Debbie. I took that internet quiz, too. And you’re my patronus.”
It was a curious situation. A little comical even.
We fucked really, really hard that day. He felt so bad afterwards that he called his wife from my bedroom phone. I cut the telephone cord before he could apologize to his wife and I can’t seem to remember why I did that. All I remember is walking to my bedroom window and staring at the Capitol Building until morning.
I haven’t taken another test on Pottermore, but I’d sure like to.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august